“Can't beat the ambiance” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #15 of 86 restaurants in Stillwater
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romance, Large groups, Doing business, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Can't beat the ambiance”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

We had dinner on a lovely late Summer evening. Got there at 5:30 and snagged a
Table closest to the river. By the time we left 1.5 hrs later all the patio tables were filled.
We noticed lots of empty tables inside - too nice to be in. My walleye was very good -
A nice very light pan fried to golden. I got to sub potatoes instead of rice. My husband liked
His shrimp pasta dish. Good warm bread too. We were comped one hot fudge sundae
When I mentioned it was our anniversary. Good service but waitress got busy so check
Slow in coming. I suggest going on a weeknite during patio season or at least early for
Meal times. Cons- a few more flys and bees bugging us a bit. 9.00 specialty drink and 4.50
Tap beer - ouch! Beautiful flowers too. Of course we'll go back.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

73% Recommend
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Great food, enjoyable views indoors or outside”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

A lovely early autumn day today - so pleased that this Minnesota restaurant has the sense to serve on its patio according to the weather rather than the calender (so many places seem to close after Labor Day no matter what).

Enjoyed a peaceful and delicious meal with my best friend on the banks of the St. Croix River hugged by Minnesota and Wisconsin. Basic fare, beautifully presented and perfectly cooked. Oh, yes the flourless chocolate "cake" with fresh raspberries and sauce did not hurt either...it was more like a dense mousse under a dark layer of chocolate topped with fresh mint. Yum!

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Wisconsin
“Don't be fooled by the name”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

The Dock Cafe is hardly a cafe. The food was excellent and their menu offers a variety of meals. The view on the river was excellent. The patio appeared to be completely full on the evening we visited. I would return to the Dock Cafe the next time I'm in Stillwater.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Boulder
“Excellent dinner on the river!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

We had an excellent dinner at the Dock Cafe! The service was prompt and very attuned to helping get food ordered quickly for my two-year old son. I had an open-faced salmon sandwich which was excellent and my husband's custom-ordered sandwich came exactly as he wanted it. They even had Hendricks gin for an excellent gimlet! Fantastic experience, fantastic dinner, fantastic service. I couldn't have asked for more!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Minnesota
“Beautiful. Excellent higher end food w/o the high end price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

The view is wonderful. The deck is literally on the St. Croix with mature trees that provide shade. The food is excellent, especially the fish dishes and the price for food of this quality is very reasonable, especially for a restaurant on the river. I live in the area and this is one of my favorite places.

Visited July 2013