“Don't be fooled by the name” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #18 of 85 Restaurants in Stillwater
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romance, Large groups, Doing business, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Wisconsin
“Don't be fooled by the name”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

The Dock Cafe is hardly a cafe. The food was excellent and their menu offers a variety of meals. The view on the river was excellent. The patio appeared to be completely full on the evening we visited. I would return to the Dock Cafe the next time I'm in Stillwater.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Boulder
“Excellent dinner on the river!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

We had an excellent dinner at the Dock Cafe! The service was prompt and very attuned to helping get food ordered quickly for my two-year old son. I had an open-faced salmon sandwich which was excellent and my husband's custom-ordered sandwich came exactly as he wanted it. They even had Hendricks gin for an excellent gimlet! Fantastic experience, fantastic dinner, fantastic service. I couldn't have asked for more!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Minnesota
“Beautiful. Excellent higher end food w/o the high end price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

The view is wonderful. The deck is literally on the St. Croix with mature trees that provide shade. The food is excellent, especially the fish dishes and the price for food of this quality is very reasonable, especially for a restaurant on the river. I live in the area and this is one of my favorite places.

Visited July 2013
Somerset, Wisconsin
“Not impressed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

We went here for lunch one day. We were excited to be on the patio and try something new. It was ok. I wouldn't put this on "must go to" list. Our service was ok and I thought it may have been a little pricey and for what? The menu could use a little help.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Maple Grove, Minnesota
“Great Atmosphere and Service at Dock Cafe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

My wife went to the Dock Cafe for an anniversary dinner. The view of the river was wonderful; the service couldn't have been better. The food and beverage choices were excellent. We enjoyed ourselves very much.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere