“Fantastic” 5 of 5 stars

Owner description: Guided Food & Beverage tours in Stillwater, Minnesota
Chanhassen, Minnesota
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

My husband and I celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary enjoying every bite of the foodies on foot tour in Stillwater. Our tour guide Nancy was wonderful. She gave just enough interesting historical facts and stories as we strolled through town and sampled some amazing food. Each restaurant had awesome food (our favorite was the shrimp in a creamy sauce served on a half avocado at Reve) and were welcoming hosts. Each store we visited gave short and sweet presentations and samples of course! After the tour, we walked the streets again. We did a wine tasting at each end of town and bought several gifts (wine, tea/spices, olive oil/balsamic). What a great friendly town with so much to offer to people who love to eat and drink! We are excited to do the tour again and bring a few friends along with us.

Visited August 2013

mrs_kylee
5 attraction reviews
“Great way to celebrate an Anniversary”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I booked this as a surprise day trip for my husband as an anniversary present. He was really surprised, and we both thought it was a great way to spend the day. There was a large variety of food, some of which pushed us out of our comfort zone. We are adventurous, so we really liked that aspect of the tour. We enjoyed each one of the restaurants and specialty shops that we stopped at. Quick Fire Pizza was our favorite stop of the day. The pizza was delicious, and the story of how the restaurant came about was very interesting. Since either beer or wine is included at each restaurant, I thought the price was quite reasonable. Our tour actually lasted close to four hours. We had a good time visiting with the other people on the tour as well. I can't wait to go on this tour again sometime. Any foodie tour would be an excellent way to spend a day in Stillwater! I can't wait to go again. I really want to try the Bloody Mary Brunch tour!!!!

Visited August 2013
Coon Rapids, MN
“Foodies on Foot Tour-STillwater, MN”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

Was leery of the price from the description on their web site, but it exceeded expectations. Liz was an excellent guide and the food and drink was way more than expected. Would recommend to anyone. A tip for the restaurants participating - make sure your guests do not hear "I just threw leftovers in the soup". We will not EVER visit the restaurant on the tour in which one of the participants overheard the chef commenting - would explain the difference in portions and the bisque was over seasoned. Thumbs down to The Green Restaurant. The rest of the restaurants were excellent, with a very special thumbs up to Quick Fire Pizza. The owner was very personable, the portions were beyond expectations and the food was great! Will definitely recommend the tour, do it again and re-visit all the establishments on the tour with the exception of the one.

Visited July 2013
Minnesota
“Girls weekend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Went with friends to Stillwater for my birthday and did the Foodies Saturday tour, it was loads of fun. Enjoyed the tour of downtown Stillwater and really enjoyed the food and drink we were served on the tour. Will definitely try to do this again when in town!

Visited July 2013
Albert Lea, Minnesota
6 attraction reviews
“Great day”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Surprised my husband with this tour for his birthday! We had a wonderful day and the best part, it did no rain!!! Stillwater is a wonderful town, and we loved the tour even if it didn't include a lot of history along the route. The food was awesome and you had wine or beer with every tasting. I think we have decided to stay the weekend next time we come and maybe take the progressive dinner tour.

Visited June 2013