“One of our favorite restaurants in the area!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 86 restaurants in Stillwater
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“One of our favorite restaurants in the area!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

We enjoy Danny's atmosphere. Have eaten there at least 10 times and have never had a bad meal. We often order the specials but like most items on the regular menu, too. The guacamole is amazing but is only offered in season. Beer selection is good. Weekend music is typically good as well. We highly recommend Danny's!

100% Recommend
Chelsea, Michigan
“You'll be pleasantly surprised”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Danny's is part of a very nice looking golf course just off I-94 near the Hudson bridge and since we are not golfers we have not had the occasion to try this restaurant even though it's close to home. We went on a Friday night on the combined occasion of Valentines and my birthday. There was live music, a fireplace and an amazingly upscale, modern ambiance considering the golf course setting. The seating area is small but service was good and the food was very well done. My husband ordered a Mahi Mahi dish that was uniquely panAsian. He loved it. I ordered the 3 course prix fix Valentine's dinner with shrimp and scallops over risotto. The seafood was perfectly seared, the risotto creamy. The little chocolate dessert came with a candle and the musician began singing happy birthday as it arrived with a smile at my table. It was a nice touch. Lesson learned. Don't disregard a restaurant because of it's location.

• Visited February 2013
Hudson, Wisconsin
“Yum!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

This is actually the second time my husband and I have eaten here. The first time was back in September when I had purchased a Groupon. The food is unbelievably good! It is expensive, but worth it. I had the pecan encrusted walleye, and it came crunchy, perfectly cooked, and topped with a maple sauce that was a bit of heaven. The steamed veggies were cooked well, and the wild rice pilaf was good too. My husband had a steak (New York Strip I think), and enjoyed his meal every bit as much as I did. The bread basket comes warm, with tasty crisp flatbread, as well as bread, and was so delicious, we had seconds!
I would recommend this place in a heart beat!

Minnesota
“"A Gem"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

My family went to Danny's to celebrate a special birthday. From the time we walked in the door, we knew we were in for a great evening. The setting is gorgeous, inside and out. The food was exceptional...highly recommend the pecan walleye and the filet mignon. Our server was one of the best ever...she was especially kind, patient, and attentive to my elderly mother. The chef paid a visit to our table and brought baked Alaska for us to enjoy. What's not to like?? This place is now on my list of favorites. TIP: It can be tricky getting there. Check out the website for directions.

• Visited January 2013
Hudson, Wisconsin
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

This place is a hidden jewel. It is not easy to get to as you have to get off on side roads and take a frontage road up the freeway, but it's worth it. The restaurant here at the golf club is amazing, the food is outstanding, and the atmosphere is outstanding. This is one of the higher end golf courses in the area, so it's not surprising the food matches the golf.

This place regularly has live music as well, so I highly recommend stopping here for drinks late night or during happy hour if you're in the area.