“The Cleanist Hotel I have ever stayed in.” 5 of 5 stars

AmericInn Hotel & Suites Stillwater
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   13025 60th St N, Stillwater, MN 55082   |
Ranked #1 of 8 hotels in Stillwater
Warrenton, North Carolina
“The Cleanist Hotel I have ever stayed in.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2010

My wife and I just spent 6 days in Stillwater, MN visiting family and friends. We stayed at AmericInn. I expected a clean hotel. It is hands down the Cleanest Hotel I have ever stayed at. I travel for business from one to three nights a week and I was evry impressed.
The staff was very professional and helpful and went above and beyond the call.
The was a computer but no printer for guess to use. However the staff went out of their way to print up directions and airline boarding passes.
The beds were ok but the pillows were not good.
We will stay there again, but will bring our own pillows.
Al R. Warrenton, NC

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

74 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Stillwater, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2010

I stayed here on Saturday September 18th in a standard room with two queen beds and I was really impressed with the overall quality of my stay! They had a great hot breakfast in the morning, and the room was really clean is one of the first thing I noticed. I had a wedding to go to in downtown stillwater which I thought was going to be a pain because it wasn't located right downtown but with a 5 min drive and plenty of parking downtown I would actually recommend not staying down there. The prices were great . Little bit noisy in the Lobby but not anything out of the ordinary on a Saturday night, on the other end the rooms were exceptionally quiet and comfortable. I would definitely recommend this hotel, and without a doubt stay here again :)

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2010

I booked 3 rooms through hotel.com for this motel. When we checked in at approximately 6:00 p.m. they had already given one of our rooms away! We took this in stride and went to the 2 remaining rooms which were connected and my daughter-in-law came in our room gasping. She said their room reaked of cat urine. We went to the front desk and were told they had allowed a women to stay for a month with her cats - no litter box. They were having the carpets shampood in a few weeks! I couldn't believe they were still giving this room to guests. They allowed my 2 sons and wifes to stay in the hospitality room and promised a refund for us. Well, upon receiving my credit card bill I was charged full price for 3 rooms!!! I recommend staying at any other hotel in the area. This one has "more than one manager" which I guess makes NO-ONE accountable.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2009

I travel on business and stay at the americinn in stillwater,mn,the staff is very friendly and willing to assist their guest with everything.The rooms are very clean as is the whole motel,in the 5 states I travel,this is one of the best americinn motels that I stay at and would recomend this place to anyone traveling in the Stillwater area.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
desmoines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2009

Just got back from 5 days/4 nights with Tiki and Julie at AmericInn; would recommend this hotel to everyone! We needed an early check-in because of our plans to visit the Titanic exhibit - store the golf clubs! No problem - we got a room upgrade as a result at no extra cost! Julie made sure our room was ready when we got there so NO PROBLEMS! Tiki was a dream with all of her help locating the best places to eat in the area (with maps), the best golf courses (the point of our vacation), and where to buy our special gifts for our family and friends. She even made phone calls for us so we would not have extra driving to do! This is the place we will be staying every time we return!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
MN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2009

We were told by the employee at the front desk told us that the pool was heated...which we found out later it was not (so cold my kids didn't even want to stay in long! Later in the evening we found out our light over the sink did not work, so we called down to the front desk and we were told that they would not be around until morning to fix it or we could switch rooms (after we had everything unpacked). The next morning there was a "breakfast" from 6-10AM - we wen't down at 8:30 and the juice machine did not work, there was no more bread for toast, they ran out of sausage links (we were told they did not have anymore). So not sure how they figured how much food to put out but it was very disappointing. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Winnipeg, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2009

We spent four nights mid-week in this hotel. The room had a comfortable bed and the hotel was very quiet. Actually the hotel was just about empty so not sure this would be the case if it had the usual customers you'd expect to see. We had a sink, 2 burner stove, fridge and microwave in our room but no dishes or silverware which was a first for us in an extended stay room.

The staff was pretty indifferent...no welcoming "hello" or "good morning" here. But a lot of laughing and talking amongst themselves. Asked for a couple of small things - extra hangars (twice) and for someone to look at a slow drain. No response to either concern. Our room was not made up one day and we heard "the cleaning staff left early as there were so few people here and your do not disturb sign was still on the door at 10 AM." On our last day we got a smile from the woman at the desk.

Breakfast was very high carb but several choices like waffles, bagels, muffins, cereal etc. But there was ample room as we never saw another soul at breakfast.

There was a computer in the lobby but we didn't feel comfortable using it as the lobby had seemingly become a sick room for someone during the afternoons and evenings we were there and we didn't want to disturb them or their barking dog.

This hotel wasn't bad, especially considering the affordable rates. They could work on their service however.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business

Been to AmericInn Hotel & Suites Stillwater? Share your experiences!