“PDSTAY” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 8 hotels in Stillwater
Stillwater, Minnesota
“PDSTAY”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2011

This was a very nice stay. Clean room - Great Employees-nice clean pool area.
Will stay there again on our next visit.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

67 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Woodbury, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

If you are planning a wedding I would definitely not plan on making a block at AmericInn in Stillwater/Oakpark Heights. From the beginning of our AmericInn hotel experience until now, a month after our wedding, we are still dealing with the mistakes that have occured as a result of booking with this hotel.
For anyone planning to stay at this hotel, I would warn you that the hotel rooms AC did not function adequately. The AC would turn on very loudly for a short period of time and then turn off until the room was hot and uncomfortable--this cycle of loudness followed by discomfort from heat went on all night. When the morning finally came after an unrestful night, I went down to the lobby to get a cup of coffee. The coffee consisted of hot water with a brown tinge.
The hotel's management is unwilling to compromise in an effort to make up for the terrible experience we had with AmericInn's business errors early on or the stressful nights stay we went through on the night of our wedding.
Unfortunately, they aleady have thousands of dollars from our guests along with our own business we brought them. However, if we can keep anyone else from making the same mistake we did by choosing AmericInn in Stillwater maybe we can save someone from the stress and disappointment we have experienced as a result of working with this hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

We called ahead and asked if they had a whirlpool and were told they did - yet they didn't mention it was out of order. On the way out of our room we saw a pair of men's underpants on the first floor hallway; we told them and the man said 'oh?' and never did pick it up--still there three hours later when we returned. We went in to swim and there was only a pile of soggy used towels strewn around; so we asked for a couple of towels and the same evening shift guy (who looked and acted the slob) grunted that he'd bring some, and never did. We emerged dripping wet and were finally given one. I also verbally requested and handed him a note asking nicely to please insert a light bulb in the bedside fixture which had none - he said he would and never did. Hours later we gave up. I went to use the jetted tub in our room and found it full of dark hairs; Ick. The shower was slimy, and the floor drain cover came up when my foot touched it, flipping over and revealing a slimy gunk and handful of more hair. Gross. There was a bathroom fan switch, but no fan functioned. The only upside I can say about the place is that there was plenty of parking...no surprise there.

Room Tip: Don't even slow down here.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
GMStillwater, Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Stillwater, responded to this review, September 15, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,
We appreciate the fact that you chose our hotel to stay, and also the fact that you took the time to let us know about your issues. We take these matters very seriously and again, we are so very sorry that this happened. We have a stellar housekeeping team and normally receive compliments on our cleanliness and attention to detail, so this sounds as if this room definitely did not meet our standards and has been brought to the attention of our housekeeping team. As for the issue with the pool towels, we experienced a large pool party that day and it was difficult for them to restock the towels in a timely manner. To correct this, we have added an additional staff member during high pool volume times to manage this more effectively. Thanks to your comments we have been able to make sure this doesn't happen to another guest again.
Again, thank you!
General Manager, AmericInn
Minneapolis, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

I reserved a room in a block for a wedding 7 months before the wedding. We checked in after the reception (1am) walked upstairs and the moment we opened the door to our room were blown away by the awful stench of cigarettes. I could even taste it in my mouth. The room was also very dated and dingy and there was a towel under the tv to either make it level or get the picture to show up better, I'm still not really sure. I went back downstairs to request another room and the person working the front desk said none were available and said the best she could do was "give you something to spray in the room". After consulting with the other bridesmaids we decided the smell was too much to handle and we would just drive all the way home that night. Before leaving I asked the front desk person if I needed to sign anything to cancel our reservation or to refund the amount to the card. She assured me that my card would never even be charged so no further action was necessary. The next day I checked and sure enough the card was charged for the full amount. I called to get it resolved and the person said no manager was available so I asked to leave a message. She took my information but suggested I keep trying to call back because "these kind of things tend to fall through the cracks"... still waiting to get this resolved!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
GMStillwater, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Stillwater, responded to this review, September 15, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,
We sincerely regret that you had to experience this. We are the area's first completely non- smoking hotel, and we do charge a large sum to guests who violate our non-smoking policy.
However, an occasional guest still chooses to smoke in one of our non-smoking rooms.
When this happens, our policy is not to rent the room until it can be restored to like-new conditions, but it sounds like this was the last available room and we should not have assigned it to you. I am, like you, very sensitive to smoke and we would certainly never charge for a less than satisfactory room. We had authorized your card at check in and as per our telephone conversation on Monday morning when I returned to work, it simply takes a business day or two for your finacial institution to see the return of your funds.
Again, we are so sorry that this happened and we wish you happy and safe travels.
General Manager, AmericInn
Madison, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

Stayed at the AmericInn Stillwater for a wedding in June. It's your basic hotel that could use some updating. Rooms had the floral-print bedspreads and bathrooms hadn't been updated in awhile. That being said, the beds were comfortable and the room itself was clean. After the wedding reception, we spent time in the lobby talking and were never bothered by hotel staff. I didn't partake in the complimentary breakfast, but others in our group did and enjoyed it, especially the waffles.

For the price we paid under the wedding rate, it was a good value for the money.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Toledo, OH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2011

Check-in was simple and the hotel was very clean; lobby and the room. When making my reservation I had requested 2 queens but was given a King room, though, this actually worked out better anyway. Be aware that the hotel is 2 floors and there is NO elevator to the 2nd floor. People with mobility problems (in wheelchairs, etc.) will need to request a 1st floor room. Rooms furnishings are basic but nice enough, no frills. Wireless internet was virtually inaccessible from the room, you had to go to the lobby or outside to get a signal. Coffee available in lobby 24 hours was nice. Continental breakfast hours more generous than I"ve seen in other hotels (6-10am), and the make your own waffle machine is a nice extra. Hotel is located very close to downtown Stillwater area and is a great and inexpensive choice for this area. Several restaurants close by.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Mantorville, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2011

Arrived for my 2 day stay only to be told the hotel had overbooked and they didn't have a room available for me. It was 4pm on a Friday evening and I had been booked for 2 nights on a very busy festival weekend. I was told to get reimbursed by Orbitz (whom I booked the trip through) and go up the street to other hotels to check availability! No apologies from management (they wouldn't even talk to me!!)!! We stayed at the Lexington Suites instead (they only had 2 rooms left!) and it was cheaper, breakfast was amazing, & had a refrigerator, microwave in the room! I would recommend people go there instead!!

Room Tip: Don't book at this hotel!!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
DiscoverStillwater, Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Stillwater, responded to this review, May 24, 2011
Hello,
I am so very sorry that we were not able to accomodate you at our hotel. We did not recieve, or possibly lost your reservation from Orbitz. They are faxed to our property and more than likely, although unintentional, this is a case of simple human error. We feel terrible that this happened and if I had been there I would have never ignored you, but helped you find another location instead. It is always our policy to help you, even if you are not our guest.
Please accept our sincere apologies and we'd love it if you would give us another try next time you are in Stillwater.
Tiki Oswald

Been to AmericInn Hotel & Suites Stillwater? Share your experiences!