“Nice” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Stillwater/St Paul Area

You added Super 8 Stillwater/St Paul Area to your Saves list
Super 8 Stillwater/St Paul Area
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2190 West Frontage Road, PO Box 2116, Stillwater, MN 55082   |
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Stillwater

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Grand Forks, North Dakota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

I was only going to be in town overnight for a friend's wedding, so all I needed was something inexpensive and relatively nearby. Considering I was able to get a free night using Wyndham Rewards points, I couldn't really get any more inexpensive.

This Super 8 is a smaller hotel, clean and well kept up. The front desk staff was friendly and fairly helpful. I asked the evening clerk for someplace I could gas up, as well as someplace I could get a decent steak, preferably at a non-chain restaurant (just wanted to try someplace a bit different). The gas station she directed me to was pretty much due west, a Holiday station with a line of pumps and no convenience store, and it would only take plastic, something I wanted to avoid but, considering I was driving on fumes at that point, I didn't have much choice. The restaurant she suggested (but had never tried) was Joseph's Family Restaurant, a good local restaurant that was pretty much due west of the hotel; just down and across the street from Joseph's, I spied a couple of gas station/convenience stores. Ack.

This hotel is several miles outside the 494/694 loop, so not only did I feel a good sense of privacy, I also had an uneasy feeling of isolation. Sure, there are a good number of shops around, but it didn't really feel like I had the best access to what the Twin Cities might have had to offer. This feeling was compounded by the lack of local newspapers available at the front desk, the phone book which covered only Stillwater and a few smaller neighboring towns in the area, and all of the road construction on 694, which added several miles and probably 15-20 minutes on any travel time. Both that evening and the next morning, I tried to use the guest computer in the front lobby, but it wasn't connecting to the Internet, something that the evening clerk didn't know how to fix and the morning clerk hadn't gotten around to.

Like I said earlier, the room was smaller but, for the most part, comfortable. I did have trouble getting to sleep that night, not just because it was a different bed in a different town but because the bed was pretty solid, almost too solid. And it didn't help that at about 5:30 in the morning, I heard the lids of dumpsters getting slammed, a noise that I think came from the Perkin's right next door.

Would I stay here again? I really don't know. It'll really depend on the need and the situation and just how much I'd want to feel that...isolated.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't face Perkins.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

Our toilet had a brown ring in it there was a water stain in the bathroom running down the wall where the fire sprinkler is. Our room smelled like musty pine sol the spare pillow had crusties on the pillow case and the towels/was clothes albiet clean they need to toss out the stained ones. Oh and having the teenage house keepers getting into an argument in front of guests is well. But when one said "why don't you just call Dad and go home" it lead me to answer why is our room nasty. And the continental breakfast, if you call opening a box of little Debbie's and putting them on display like they came from a bakery is special... Next time ill stay next door. Most super 8s are very clean and nice. Not this hole.

• Stayed September 2012

Travelers are raving about these Stillwater hotels

Backus, Minnesota, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

This is a budget hotel but it was pretty nice. I read a couple of bad reviews on this hotel but not sure what they expected. Clean room, updated and spotless bathroom and everything worked, is good for me for this excellent price.

Room Tip: Second floor was quiet
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Been to Super 8 Stillwater/St Paul Area? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Super 8 Stillwater/St Paul Area

Address: 2190 West Frontage Road, PO Box 2116, Stillwater, MN 55082
Location: United States > Minnesota > Stillwater
Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Room Service Wheelchair access
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Stillwater
Hotel Class:2 star — Super 8 Stillwater/St Paul Area 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Super 8 Stillwater/St Paul Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Super 8 Stillwater
Super Eight Stillwater
Stillwater Super 8
Stillwater Super Eight

If you own or manage Super 8 Stillwater/St Paul Area, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.