“Very nice!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Stillwater
Hamburg, New York
“Very nice!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Not usually into the whole "free breakfast" thing, but theirs was really quite nice! A little something different served hot every day. Family used the pool and hot tub, seemed to enjoy it! My room was clean, maid service was awesome. No complaints here!!!

Room Tip: Room 321 was very quiet and furthest from elevator/noise.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Duluth, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

I stayed here last weekend with my girlfriends for a Girls night out. The Front Desk Gentleman (Peter) who checked us in was very Friendly and helpful. He helped bring our luggage upstairs when the elevator was out. The hotel was very nice and clean. The rooms were great and the flat screens TV were a nice touch. I would stay here again. Oh and the breakfast was Great.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
ames iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

After a great vacation day in Stillwater, my family was exhausted and ready to relax in our hotel. Since it was a Saturday night in the middle of tourist season, I had made the reservation many months in advance and had paid in full. We arrived at the front desk with a copy of my paid receipt in hand and were told that they had overbooked and there was no room for us that night. In fact, we were told we would not be able to find a room anywhere in Stillwater. We were given no real explanation except we booked through Expedia which was not accurate. No help was given to help us find a room and the clerk seemed less than empathetic. If the clerk had been at all helpful, the experience wouldn't have been as frustrating. With some extreme luck, we arrived at the nearest Holiday Inn Express just as someone had cancelled a reservation and we got a great room for $50 cheaper than the Lexington.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel in June while in town for a concert at Somerset. I didn't want to camp on the concert grounds, and I figured this would be a nice alternative. For $160, this hotel was not at all up to par. The rooms are very run-down and dated, and mine smelled like a nursing home (maybe because the air conditioner in the room had visible dirt/dust all over it). I received an ADA compliant room for people with disabilities. I've stayed in rooms like that in the past with no issues but the shower barely functioned and could only be stationed at waist height without falling back down. Needless to say, I was disappointed in my stay. A cab ride to downtown Stillwater wasn't super cheap, but it was worth it. The bars and restaurants there were the highlight of my stay! Two great bars were Freight House and Smalley's, the pirate bar. And I had the best burger at Leo's with a view of the river. I can't wait to visit Stillwater again, but next time at a different hotel.

• Stayed June 2013
Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I'm a bit surprised by some of the negative feedback on here. I thought this place was wondeful. Stayed in a King Suite this past weekend for two nights. Big room, comfy bed, nice new flat screen TV and a great sized bathroom as well. One of the employees told me this used to be a Holiday Inn Express until a couple years ago. That would explain the good condition of the hotel. The pool was fantastic and so was the breakfast and breakfast room.

We were there for a family reunion and the staff was very accomodating to our group. I would stay here again in a second if ever back in Stillwater, MN.

Room Tip: Book a King Suite...lots of space.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
New Ulm, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

Very nice and clean bathrooms, nice breakfast, alot to choose from. Rooms clean, beds and pillows not the greatest. Microwave and small fridge in the room,also coffee maker. Older t.v in the room,but who watches t.v. on vacation. Air conditioner worked great!

• Stayed July 2013
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a wedding in Stillwater. This was a terrible stay. The rooms are extremely dated. The linens were old and were similar to the quality you might find in a Motel 6. I had asked the front desk for an extra blanket earlier in the afternoon and was told that it wouldn't be a problem...when we returned there was no blanket and when I asked the gentleman at the front desk he said they were all out. Hotels are scarce in the area so it's sad that this is one of the better ones. If I ever want to get into the hotel business...I know where to open one!

• Stayed June 2013

Been to Lexington Inn & Suites of Stillwater / Minneapolis? Share your experiences!