First, the positive: Good location for the conference I was attending as well as a quick drive to downtown Stillwater. Staff seemed pleasant, although I had very little interaction with them over the three nights I was there. The complimentary breakfast offered the normal fare, and while it was nothing great, it is nice to have the option of not having an empty stomach. It was also clean and nicely made-up every day.
The not-so-great: Another reviewer put it in the best words: it is a tired, worn-out property. While clean, the entire decor and furnishings, from the bathroom to the carpet to the draperies to the heating and air conditioning unit were dated, with the only nod to the 21st century being the flat screen TV. The electrical outlets were loose, and I had to stack up books to keep my computer charger from falling out. The bed could not have been less than 20 years old, given the thinness and creakiness of the mattress, and the pillows small and hard. The Wi-Fi was extremely slow, often necessitating several tries at connecting, although that could have been a function of playing host to a group attending a tech conference.
And another curious feature for 2013: no little note asking visitors to help save water by hanging up their towels and re-using them. I did that every night, and each morning the towels had been replaced. And the towels were of varying quality. One day the bath towels were so thin and so small, I thought they left me hand towels instead.
I am sure the overall market in Stillwater does not make it worthwhile to invest much in hotels. In fact, I don't know that any of the other options in the area would have been any better. But it is a charming town, and a good hotel could do very well here. It would certainly stand out.
- Also Known As:
- Lexington Inn & Suites Of Stillwater / Minneapolis Hotel
- Lexington Inn And Suites Of Stillwater / Minneapolis
- Lexington Inn & Suites Of Stillwater / Minneapolis Hotel Stillwater
- Holiday Inn Stillwater
- Stillwater Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lexington Inn & Suites Stillwater is a beautiful hotel located 2.9 miles from historic downtown Stillwater. We are also minutes away from the Washington County Fair Grounds. We are located 33 miles from Minneapolis International Airport, 20 miles from the Xcel Energy Center and 25 miles from the Target Center and Metrodome. The hotel includes complimentary hot breakfast, complimentary passes to a full sized off site fitness center. Free local and 1-800 phone calls, free HBO and satellite TV. Visit Stillwater, MN and Stay Smart at the Lexington Inn and Suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your Lexington Inn & Suites of Stillwater / Minneapolis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.