“Great place to stay!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 8 hotels in Stillwater
Zimmerman, Minnesota
“Great place to stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

We just got back from staying the weekend at Lexington Inn and Suites. It's a very nice hotel and the people are very nice and accommodating. We booked one night and wanted a second night. We initially were going to have to switch rooms. They said it shouldn't be a problem to get the second room cleaned right away so we could just move from one room the next. Then they said they arranged it so we could stay in the same room. The continential breakfast was wonderful! Lots of choices and option, both hot and cold food. The pool is pretty basic and kind of small, but it worked out just fine with our 2 year old. We stayed in a junior suite and it had lots of room. The room was very clean when we entered. However, I gave it 4 stars because it definitely smelled like smoke when you walked in. It was a non-smoking room, so I'm not sure if it used to be a smoking room before they changed or what. But that was definitely a drawback. Other than that, very nice hotel. We would stay there again, but just request a different room because of the smell.

Room Tip: If smoke smell bothers you, make sure you ask for a room that was never a smoking room.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

47 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
ND
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Lexington Inn is about a 5 minute drive from downtown Stillwater. Updated, clean, serving a hot continental breakfast, with a decent variety of food. The room was also updated, clean, with comfortable beds.
I had reserved a king, and had called to reserve a rollaway a couple of weeks prior to arrival. Upon checking in, they had no rollaways available, but did upgrade me to a suite with a pullout sofa.
Overall I'd stay again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Eagan, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

Would have liked to know how nice the hotel was. I booked room 3 weeks prior on a "choose your price" online site and was GUARANTEED a room at that rate. When I went to check in I was rudely told that they overbooked my room and had nothing available for me. I asked why they didn't contact me earlier and was told that they didn't need to, but hey we booked you at another hotel 10 miles away. I told them I was in town for a wedding and needed to be close by and I was treated very unkindly and they couldn't understand why I would be upset since they did me "the favor" of booking me in another room. I asked for a refund and they said they couldn't do that since the rate was non-refundable. I showed him my paperwork Guaranteeing the room and was told tooi bad. I ended up having to stay on the floor of a friend's room instead!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

We had room 125, which was right behind the hot tub and pool mechanical room. The air conditioning unit for the entire bulding was also outside our window. The air conditioning unit and pool mechanical room were both extremely loud. We could not sleep until we went to Wal-Mart at 11:30 at night to purchase ear plugs. Even with the ear plugs, our family barely slept. The hotel was clean enough, the staff was friendly, and the breakfast was good. The beds were hard. It would be an okay place to stay if you aren't in room 125.

Room Tip: Do not get a room by or above the pool area.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

A friend and I stayed at the Lexington on our girls' weekend in Stillwater. It is located close to restaurants, Cub Foods,Walmart and several little strip malls. It's a few miles from downtown Stillwater. Our room was very average but clean. The front desk staff was very young but gave us a family restaurant recommendation that turned out to have good food. We didn't use the pool so I can't comment on that. The hotel supplied a very good breakfast--make your own waffles, fruit, cereal,scrambled eggs, muffins, toast, coffee and juices. I'm a runner so I was a little disappointed that there was no fitness room. I'd recommend it to anyone wanting a nice place to stay in Stillwater.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Antonio R, General Manager at Lexington Inn & Suites of Stillwater / Minneapolis, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review, I appreciate it very much. I will pass this on to the staff.
Thank you again and I hope you visit again soon.

Antonio Rossini
Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

Stayed here Sept 2011 for girls weekend away. Clean room, comfortable bed and some great choices for breakfast. All in all great value. Perkins next door and mall across the highway. Taxi downtown is $10-15.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Antonio R, General Manager at Lexington Inn & Suites of Stillwater / Minneapolis, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Thank you for the great review!! It is always nice to hear that we are on the right road. I do share all reviews with my staff, both good and poor. It is one of the best ways to measure our success. I enjoy passing good reviews on to the staff.

Thank you for staying with us I hope you visit again.

Antonio
Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

This hotel was very nice with a super comfy bed,good breakfast and the staff was very friendly. Wished they would have a shuttle down to the waterfront, then it would have been perfect!

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Lexington Inn & Suites of Stillwater / Minneapolis? Share your experiences!