“best burger in Stillwater” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #24 of 86 restaurants in Stillwater
Cuisines: English
Description: This restaurant just opened March 28. Featuring English pub food.
Description: This restaurant just opened March 28. Featuring English pub food.
stillwater
“best burger in Stillwater”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Patriots has the best burgers and fries in Stillwater. Thankfully its not downtown or it would be overpriced and have service with a attitude. Great beer selection and a funny, informed, sassy barkeep. Burger would have been a 5 star if it had not been undercooked. It was still great, just a little messy. Get there early, expect a little wait. The time you spend waiting is still less than trying to find a parking spot in overpriced downtown Stillwater.

• Visited May 2013

75% Recommend
Stillwater, Minnesota, United States
“Fresh food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Chefs prepare everything fresh. Wait staff is friendly, genuine and accommodating. I recommend the burgers and the fish tacos.

Visited March 2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Enjoyed the entire experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed our first experience at Patriots. We started with an appetizer of their famous fries. In addition, we ordered 3 of their special sauces to dip the fries in. The peanut satay was ok but my husband and I both said that it could be excellent if it was thicker in consistency and had more peanut flavor. I think the watery consistency really drowns out the taste and made it difficult to keep the satay sauce on the fry. We also ordered the thai chili aioli and truffle mayo. Our favorite sauce was definitely the truffle mayo.

He ordered the fish tacos and like most reviewers here, he loved them. I ordered the fungi burger with cave-aged blue cheese, carmelized onions, wild shrooms, greens and balsamic mayo. I was really looking forward to the first bite. Unfortunately, it was just too pungent a flavor for me. I'm used to blue cheese but apparently not this type of blue cheese. However, my husband finished the rest of the burger and loved the flavors...

We can see how this place would fill up fast. It is a smaller room so make sure you arrive early!

Visited February 2013
midwest
“Love it and will be back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

We loved it! Patriots Tavern is a small, neighborhood restaurant. We had to put our name on the waiting list when we arrived, but had fun sitting at the bar for a drink. They don't take reservations, so plan on waiting a bit - especially on weekends because the secret is out that they have wonderful food and great service. I had fish tacos and loved them. Enjoy!

• Visited February 2013
New Hope, Minnesota
“You can tell this is a chef-owned restaurant, not a chain”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

We have been here twice on a Sunday morning (looking for a fun drive with a good destination) and each time are impressed by the wait staff, the kitchen staff, and the FOOD! Our first staffer told us that she tells customers, "Just close your eyes and point to anything on the menu because it is all utterly fantastic". I've had the fish tacos and the seafood pie. Both were out of this world. I don't know how they can serve a couple of salmon filets, about 4 or 5 jumbo scallops, and several large shrimp for the price of their seafood pie, with a side of peas and bacon! The best bacon you'll ever eat and I am so partial to peas that they must have seen me coming. Somebody obviously knows what they are doing at this restaurant.

• Visited February 2013