“Great Anniversary Destination” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ann Bean Mansion B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Stillwater
Ann Bean Mansion B&B
Save Saved
You added Ann Bean Mansion B&B to your Saves list
319 Pine Street West, Stillwater, MN 55082   |
Ranked #1 of 8 Stillwater B&B and Inns
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great Anniversary Destination”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

My husband and I celebrated our wedding anniversary here and enjoyed it. I see why this place books up so fast. We booked in Jan for our anniversary in July.

The location is great. We walked to downtown Stillwater during the day and for dinner.

The owners were very nice and made you feel like a guest in their house instead of a customer in a hotel. The mansion itself has a great porch with a nice swing, perfect for relaxing. We stayed in the Cynthia Room and would stay there again. It was clean, the room was very large, and the bathroom with the large tub was perfect! Breakfast was also great, no complaints!

Room Tip: The Cynthia Room was great. Top floor, so no noise from above or people passing on their way to the...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Midland, Mi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Ann Bean is a lovingly restored mansion that you will delight in calling your home for a night or two. Innkeeper Jeremy has done the recent work himself and he holds himself to a high standard. He & his wife have researched the history of the original owners and tracked down family memorabilia to display in the home. My husband & I stayed in Cynthia's Room. The chairs & settee in period furniture were not comfortable, but the bed was great and the large whirlpool a welcome place to relax after an afternoon browsing shops in Stillwater. Too many B & B's believe granola and a homemade muffin qualifies as breakfast - not here. The 4 course breakfast was beautifully presented and dishes were inventive and delicious. SInce the other guests chose to have breakfast in their rooms (a nice option for those who prefer it), Jeremy was a gracious host and sat with us for some comfortable conversation without hovering. If you are going to Stillwater, I highly recommend the Ann Bean Mansion,

Des Moines, IA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

We stayed at the Ann Bean Mansion on the first night of our summer vacation. We were greeted at the front door by the owner who helped us carry the luggage up to our room! Jeremy gave us some basic information about the place, the furnishings and then offered us a beverage. We went with the home brewed beer, which was refreshing. We stayed in Jacob's Room. This beautiful room had a king size bed and a double jacuzzi tub. It also had a separate washroom with shower. There were a few interesting, decorative items in the room, but they didn't clutter the space or impede functionality. We were within walking distance of Stillwater's main street, so went there for dinner. When we returned, we were offered a glass of wine. The jacuzzi tub had a handheld shower head as well, which was a nice surprise. Nice for washing and rinsing one's hair in the tub. The mansion is equipped with central air, but there is a window air conditioner that allowed us to regulate the temperature better. There is also a small refrigerator with still and sparkling water provided. Throughout the home, the owners have struck a nice balance between beautiful and cozy. Cushioned wicker furniture on the front porch provided a comfy spot to enjoy morning coffee. In addition to providing a wi-fi connection, there is also a computer available for guests to use. We opted to have our breakfast in the dining room, but if you prefer you may have your breakfast brought to your room. Breakfast was delicious! The lemon poppyseed muffin was actually "muffiny" not "cupcaky". This was followed by a lovely merlot poached pear and a light version of eggs benedict. Last was a tangy rhubarb cobbler. I can't imagine a better way to start a vacation. PS: Be sure to take time to read the little informational booklet in the room. It's a hoot!

Room Tip: The mattress in Jacob's Room is VERY soft. This was not a problem for us, but if you need a fir...
Two Harbors, Minnesota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

We had a great time at the Ann Bean B&B. This review is a little late but we stayed there last summer. A very unique experience as I have never been to a B&B. We stayed in the tower room which was very nice. The breakfast was amazing and the owners are very nice.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

The owner greeted us by name at the front door and showed us around the hotel. Then she brought me a glass of wine and a fresh-squeezed glass of lemonade for my husband along with two amazing truffles. Every detail of the mansion is perfect--authentic and of the highest class. And then there was breakfast! We got to choose between eating in the dining room or eating in our room. What a beautiful tray of amazing food. Delicious.

Kaiserslautern, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

The couple that greeted us were very hospitable and quick to offer my husband and I a home brewed beer and a glass of wine. We stayed in the tower room and I highly recommend this quiant room. Breakfast alone was a great reason to stay. It was a delish homemade pastry and egg compote of some sort. I would highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed December 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

My new wife and I spent the first 2 nights of our honeymoon in Cynthia's room and from beginning to end, all I can say is wow. From our first steps into the mansion, the service was top notch and the inn keepers made sure we were well taken care of. I would highly recommend Cynthia's room for it's charming and simply amazing amenities. From it's cozy fireplace, to the king sized bed, the breakfast nook and the HUGE bathroom with whirlpool tub--the whole suite is heavenly. We toured the Tower room, which too was nice, but I'm happy we stayed in Cynthia's room. It seemed to be more spacious than the Tower room and it seemed to me it would have been a little difficult to manage the Tower room's steep steps up to the breakfast nook with a tray of food. Speaking of the food--can I say it was the best breakfast I've ever had. Gourmet and well thought out both mornings we were there--I could easily imagine I was a well-to-do in Victorian times. We were also able to explore the quaint historic downtown which added to the appeal of our stay. Stillwater is a gorgeous little town with a history that you can tell all the residents are proud of. The bottom line is, the inn keepers at Ann Bean have really got it dialed in and they should be proud. I don't give away 5/5 stars easily, but this place is 5 star. Great job and we'll be back!

Room Tip: Cynthia's room was amazing!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Ann Bean Mansion B&B? Share your experiences!