“Authentic and Ideal” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ann Bean Mansion B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Stillwater
Ann Bean Mansion B&B
Save Saved
You added Ann Bean Mansion B&B to your Saves list
319 Pine Street West, Stillwater, MN 55082   |
Ranked #1 of 8 Stillwater B&B and Inns
Minneapolis
“Authentic and Ideal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

The owner greeted us by name at the front door and showed us around the hotel. Then she brought me a glass of wine and a fresh-squeezed glass of lemonade for my husband along with two amazing truffles. Every detail of the mansion is perfect--authentic and of the highest class. And then there was breakfast! We got to choose between eating in the dining room or eating in our room. What a beautiful tray of amazing food. Delicious.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

148 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Kaiserslautern, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

The couple that greeted us were very hospitable and quick to offer my husband and I a home brewed beer and a glass of wine. We stayed in the tower room and I highly recommend this quiant room. Breakfast alone was a great reason to stay. It was a delish homemade pastry and egg compote of some sort. I would highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed December 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

My new wife and I spent the first 2 nights of our honeymoon in Cynthia's room and from beginning to end, all I can say is wow. From our first steps into the mansion, the service was top notch and the inn keepers made sure we were well taken care of. I would highly recommend Cynthia's room for it's charming and simply amazing amenities. From it's cozy fireplace, to the king sized bed, the breakfast nook and the HUGE bathroom with whirlpool tub--the whole suite is heavenly. We toured the Tower room, which too was nice, but I'm happy we stayed in Cynthia's room. It seemed to be more spacious than the Tower room and it seemed to me it would have been a little difficult to manage the Tower room's steep steps up to the breakfast nook with a tray of food. Speaking of the food--can I say it was the best breakfast I've ever had. Gourmet and well thought out both mornings we were there--I could easily imagine I was a well-to-do in Victorian times. We were also able to explore the quaint historic downtown which added to the appeal of our stay. Stillwater is a gorgeous little town with a history that you can tell all the residents are proud of. The bottom line is, the inn keepers at Ann Bean have really got it dialed in and they should be proud. I don't give away 5/5 stars easily, but this place is 5 star. Great job and we'll be back!

Room Tip: Cynthia's room was amazing!
St. Paul, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

My husband and I stayed one night recently in Cynthia's room and loved the entire experience. Erin welcomed us enthusiastically, and her passion for their B&B was evident as she showed us around and explained the features of the room. We especially liked the luxuriously soft king-sized bed and the top-notch whirlpool tub (both were excellent on muscles sore from hours of antiqueing!). Cynthia's room also boasts a cozy nook area that doubles as an additional sleeping area and a large tiled bathroom with a charming pocket door. The entire B&B has been restored with an eye for elegant antique charm. The breakfast in the morning was excellent as well. We chose to have our breakfast delivered to the room, which seems to be a popular option. There were a number of small courses, both sweet and savory, the variety and portions of which were perfect to leave us satisfied but not stuffed. I'd love to go back again and stay longer.

Edgeley
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

My husband and I just stayed in the Tower Room and it was just what we needed. Erin and Jeremy were personable. The room was beautiful and the trap door room needs to be in our house!!!! HEated floor in the whirlpool room. :)The room was cozy, linens were soft and the shower with the rain shower head was heaven. Breakfast, the first morning, was very yummy. The second morning it was not our cup of tea- but everything is local. The entry way was inviting and warm. Jeremy brews his own beer- very tastey and we can not wait to escape again. Nothing negative except that I kept hitting my head on the beams in the room and the fireplace needed to be restarted a few times. Close to downtown with lots of antique shops. Everything was worth the planning. Please check this place out and enjoy!!!

Room Tip: If you are tall- look at another room besides tower room. I am 5 ft. 3 in and hit my head on the bea...
Dominican Republic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

We just recently stayed at the Ann Bean Mansion. We stayed in Ann & Albert's Room. Everything was perfect for us. Some people have mentioned a refrigerator making noise when it comes on and off and that is true. It didn't bother us.

About rooms: When we arrived, we were able to look at all the rooms. They are all excellent. 3 rooms (Ann & Alberts, E.L.Hersey, and Jacob's room) are on the second floor and two are on the 3rd (Cyntihia's and the Tower room). There really isn't a "bad" choice.

The hosts were excellent as well. They were very friendly and made themselves available if there was a problem. We didn't have any problems. Their attention to detail had everything ready.

We had breakfast serve to the room. The host asked us when we checked in if we had any food allergies and if we would like anything specific. We left it open and were very pleased with what was prepared.

We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: We were able to look at all the rooms. They are all excellent. 3 rooms (Ann & Alberts, E.L.Her...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We just spent a night at the Ann Bean Mansion and it was wonderful! We stayed in Jacob's room... small, but cozy room with a wood burning fireplace. We definitely needed it, as it was very cold here this past weekend.

The mansion is beautiful with lots of antiques and special touches. The front room is very inviting- lots of comfy chairs to lounge in, plus a gorgeous piano. The dining room is set up for snacks and drinks any time you want them (hot chocolate, tea, coffee, fresh baked cookies, crackers, etc). Our room had a small refrigerator with some bottled water and some other drinks, which was very nice.

The bed was super comfy, with lots of great pillows and linens. Our room was set off a bit from the others, so it was very quiet. We liked the privacy and the ipod compatible cd player was nice to have.

There was a computer in the hallway for guests to use, as well as wifi throughout the house (we didn't use it, but very nice to have). We got to peek into a couple of the other rooms before people checked in... all of them were very nice!

For anyone wanting or expecting a powerful morning shower, keep in mind that it's an old house and the plumbing isn't updated. They still have the charming chain system in the shower.... lots of hot water, just not lots of pressure :)

We chose to have breakfast in our room, which was a nice way to ease into the day. Jeremy delivered it on a tray & it was delicious!!

We checked in and were given a key for the front door and our room, so we were free to come and go as we pleased. We did go out for dinner downtown, but were happy to get back and warm up in front of our fire.

The only thing that would have been nice to have is some little loveseat or couch to sit on while we enjoyed the fire.... otherwise the room was perfect.

I would definitely recommend a stay here to anyone who's looking for a quiet, romantic weekend away :)

Room Tip: Jacob's room is the smallest, but very cozy. No tv, if that's important to you. Great wood b...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
AnnBeanInnkeeper, Owner at Ann Bean Mansion B&B, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
Thank you for your kind review, and I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us! We're always grateful when guests decide to go public with their accolades. Upon reading your comment about the shower, my husband ducked upstairs to see what might have been amiss--and sure enough, the modern shower head was the problem (ironically it was not the few pieces of remaining historic plumbing!). Our apologies, we fixed it right away. I guess those 'water conserving' fixtures sometimes conserve a little too much!

Been to Ann Bean Mansion B&B? Share your experiences!