“Great Stay for the Price...” 4 of 5 stars

Special Price
10% off two night stay!
Ranked #4 of 8 hotels in Stillwater
Eagan, Minnesota
“Great Stay for the Price...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Just spent 3 nights at the Crossing and was happy with our stay. The room was large and VERY clean. The staff at the hotel was awesome. So friendly and accommodating. I do think that they are understaffed and the poor staffer had to do laundry, man the desk and collect garbage. The breakfast was good and the pool area was clean. The one draw back was that there is no elevator for handicapped guests and no handicapped buttons on the doors. This did not affect our group but thought it should be addressed.

Room Tip: If you are a guest with a disability or are an older guest request the main floor as there is no ele...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
StillwaterCrossings, General Manager at Crossings by GrandStay Inn & Suites Stillwater, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Thank you so much for the much appreciated review! We're very glad to hear you had a great stay. We can definitely look into ADA push button doors for the front of the hotel. We currently accommodate those with special, specific needs in our handicap rooms located on the first floor. Thanks again for the feedback! Hope to see you again soon!

58 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

After checking into a different hotel with a much higher rating on TripAdvisor, we quickly canceled our room there and stopped in at Crossings to see if they had any rooms available. The first hotel was very outdated, had a funky smell and the bed was quite hard. They were very gracious in canceling our reservation. The staff at Crossings were excellent in getting us into a room and even upgraded us for free! They were very helpful giving suggestions of things to do and places to eat. We would stay here again, the staff is top notch!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for the review! We are very happy to have made your stay in Stillwater a memorable one. We look forward to having you back :)
Cottage Grove, Minnesota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Recently, I stayed at the Crossings hotel and was very pleased with my stay. I hosted a bachelorette party and we stayed in the king whirlpool suite. The room (and hotel as a whole) was very clean. The staff was very friendly and acommodating to our needs of extra pillows, blankets and other needs. The price of the hotel was very reasonable compared to other hotels in Stillwater. They served a simple but delicious breakfast in the morning. All in all I had no complaints regarding my stay and will definitely stay again when visiting the wonderful area of Stillwater as well as recommend it to anyone else.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

StillwaterCrossings, General Manager at Crossings by GrandStay Inn & Suites Stillwater, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
So happy to hear that your weekend here in Stillwater was a good one. We look forward to having you stay again sometime!!
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I dont even know where to start. I stayed at the hotel with a bachlorette party so we had reserved many rooms, to start out we got there at three to check into our room. There was no one else there at the time and we still had to wait for our room because it was not cleaned yet. Then once we did get to go to the room it was not at all impressive. The room smelled funny, and had stained/dirty carpet. The bathroom door would not close properly you had to push really hard. The carpet in the halls were also dirty. We had reserved the room where breakfast is to have our dinner/party and the staff was nice, but one staff member was disrespectful and kept coming in and commenting about where to party and what cab companies to use, which would have been ok, but she was using a lot of profanity and at one point told us that the manager was currently at the hotel, but later that night we could to what ever the [--] we wanted. So we stayed the night then left the hotel. When I arrived home, I foundthat they had charged my bank card for the entire cost of the room, when we asked that it be split on to two different cards. Not only did they charge it to just one card they charged more then what they told us. When I called the hotel, the manager assured me that the it was charged correctly, but that it was due to the funds being held, I explained that this was not the case and that the charge was showing up on my bank and that it caused an overdraft on my account, she proceeded to tell me that there was nothing she could do and "overdrafts can happen if you dont pay attention to your account." I asked to speak to another manager or someone higher up, and she told me that would be the district mannager who was not in, but that she would tell me the same thing and that i would have to call back two days later when she was at the location.She would not refund any of my money and when was telling her about having to wait for our room, she interupted me and said just because check in is at three doesnt mean you can get a room at three. I tried to contact someone else at the company but gave not been able to find any one else to call. On top of all that the room was very overpriced. My problem is still unsettled and I will never stay at any of these hotels or reccomend them to anyone I know.

• Stayed July 2013
StillwaterCrossings, General Manager at Crossings by GrandStay Inn & Suites Stillwater, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay in Stillwater. After reviewing your folio, you were indeed charged correctly from start to finish. I apologize for any inconveniences with your bank account that you may have experienced after you checked out of the hotel, but again, it is an individual's responsibility to ensure overdrafts do not occur.
Upon examination of your story, I have found pieces to be inaccurate. The employees here are professional and work hard to ensure customer service is above par.
We accommodate many guests each evening and we strive to make their stay a satisfying one. Consequently, I am sorry to hear that yours was not that.
Bemidji, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Staff at the Crossings in Stillwater was very helpful and friendly, so a big thanks for a great stay. Pool was available for our use as well as a great hot breakfast. We had stayed here a few years ago when it was a Country Inn and can say the stay was better. Friendly and helpful staff makes the difference. Thank you for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
StillwaterCrossings, General Manager at Crossings by GrandStay Inn & Suites Stillwater, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Thank you so much for your positive feedback! We agree that a friendly and helpful staff make all the difference in one's stay. Happy to have had the opportunity to impress you. We look forward to meeting your lodging needs next time you're in Stillwater!
Rogers, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

The staff were friendly, the price was great, and it was very clean. This is a very nice inn, we only were in town for 1 night but I would have stayed longer, and I would stay again. I hope they build more of these inns.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you kindly for your review of our hotel. The staff and I are so pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable, comfortable stay here at the Crossings Inn and Suites in Stillwater, MN. We look forward to providing that same great service during your next visit.
Williamsburg, Kentucky, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Our room didn't come with a refrigerator. Asked the front desk for one and when we got back was in the room. Pool and spa were great! Breakfast in the morning was good. We stayed for 3 nights and the hot breakfast was different everyday. I would recommend this place to stay in.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
StillwaterCrossings, General Manager at Crossings by GrandStay Inn & Suites Stillwater, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Thank you so much for your positive feedback on your recent visit to our hotel! I have shared this with the staff and we are all happy to have warmly accommodated you. We look forward to your next visit. Take care.

Been to Crossings by GrandStay Inn & Suites Stillwater? Share your experiences!