“What a joke” 1 of 5 stars

NEW: 10% off your stay!
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Stillwater
“What a joke”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I dont even know where to start. I stayed at the hotel with a bachlorette party so we had reserved many rooms, to start out we got there at three to check into our room. There was no one else there at the time and we still had to wait for our room because it was not cleaned yet. Then once we did get to go to the room it was not at all impressive. The room smelled funny, and had stained/dirty carpet. The bathroom door would not close properly you had to push really hard. The carpet in the halls were also dirty. We had reserved the room where breakfast is to have our dinner/party and the staff was nice, but one staff member was disrespectful and kept coming in and commenting about where to party and what cab companies to use, which would have been ok, but she was using a lot of profanity and at one point told us that the manager was currently at the hotel, but later that night we could to what ever the [--] we wanted. So we stayed the night then left the hotel. When I arrived home, I foundthat they had charged my bank card for the entire cost of the room, when we asked that it be split on to two different cards. Not only did they charge it to just one card they charged more then what they told us. When I called the hotel, the manager assured me that the it was charged correctly, but that it was due to the funds being held, I explained that this was not the case and that the charge was showing up on my bank and that it caused an overdraft on my account, she proceeded to tell me that there was nothing she could do and "overdrafts can happen if you dont pay attention to your account." I asked to speak to another manager or someone higher up, and she told me that would be the district mannager who was not in, but that she would tell me the same thing and that i would have to call back two days later when she was at the location.She would not refund any of my money and when was telling her about having to wait for our room, she interupted me and said just because check in is at three doesnt mean you can get a room at three. I tried to contact someone else at the company but gave not been able to find any one else to call. On top of all that the room was very overpriced. My problem is still unsettled and I will never stay at any of these hotels or reccomend them to anyone I know.

• Stayed July 2013
StillwaterCrossings, General Manager at Crossings by GrandStay Inn & Suites Stillwater, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay in Stillwater. After reviewing your folio, you were indeed charged correctly from start to finish. I apologize for any inconveniences with your bank account that you may have experienced after you checked out of the hotel, but again, it is an individual's responsibility to ensure overdrafts do not occur.
Upon examination of your story, I have found pieces to be inaccurate. The employees here are professional and work hard to ensure customer service is above par.
We accommodate many guests each evening and we strive to make their stay a satisfying one. Consequently, I am sorry to hear that yours was not that.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Bemidji, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Staff at the Crossings in Stillwater was very helpful and friendly, so a big thanks for a great stay. Pool was available for our use as well as a great hot breakfast. We had stayed here a few years ago when it was a Country Inn and can say the stay was better. Friendly and helpful staff makes the difference. Thank you for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
StillwaterCrossings, General Manager at Crossings by GrandStay Inn & Suites Stillwater, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Thank you so much for your positive feedback! We agree that a friendly and helpful staff make all the difference in one's stay. Happy to have had the opportunity to impress you. We look forward to meeting your lodging needs next time you're in Stillwater!
Rogers, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

The staff were friendly, the price was great, and it was very clean. This is a very nice inn, we only were in town for 1 night but I would have stayed longer, and I would stay again. I hope they build more of these inns.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you kindly for your review of our hotel. The staff and I are so pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable, comfortable stay here at the Crossings Inn and Suites in Stillwater, MN. We look forward to providing that same great service during your next visit.
Williamsburg, Kentucky, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Our room didn't come with a refrigerator. Asked the front desk for one and when we got back was in the room. Pool and spa were great! Breakfast in the morning was good. We stayed for 3 nights and the hot breakfast was different everyday. I would recommend this place to stay in.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
StillwaterCrossings, General Manager at Crossings by GrandStay Inn & Suites Stillwater, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Thank you so much for your positive feedback on your recent visit to our hotel! I have shared this with the staff and we are all happy to have warmly accommodated you. We look forward to your next visit. Take care.
Mason City, Iowa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

We read some good reviews of this place before we booked it for five nights. Our experience was different. On the good side, the breakfast isn't bad and they have free internet. The hotel used to be a Country Inn and Suites, which are usually pretty nice. When we arrived we were mistakenly given a double room instead of the suite which we booked. There is no elevator, so the week's worth of luggage for our family of four had to be lugged up the stairs. The cleanliness is sub-par. The pool and spa have been closed at times due to issues with the chemicals. There has been a dog barking in the next room for three days straight. The furniture in the room is looking pretty dated and the laminate on the tables is worn through. We've had to have our keys reprogramed each day with no apology or explanation. Look elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the much appreciated feedback on your recent visit. I apologize to hear that there were some issues with your reservation and other concerns that arose throughout your stay. Please be assured that the issues you've raised have been addressed and the appropriate action has been taken. I am a brand new General Manager in this hotel and am currently working diligently to ensure each guest has a comfortable and satisfying stay. Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns.
Morton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

We had a very nice stay at the hotel. It's a very place, especially for the rates they charge. The free breakfast is also very good especially in that it is free. The only downer was the indoor pool had a broken heater, and there seemed to be no attempt to fix it even though their marquee sign kept right on advertizing the indoor heated pool. - The hotel staff said the water temp was 60 degrees.......that's cold!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
StillwaterCrossings, Manager at Crossings by GrandStay Inn & Suites Stillwater, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Dear john4160

Thank you for your kind comments about your recent stay at the Crossings of Stillwater! We are glad you enjoyed breakfast, as we do our best to offer a variety of hot and cold items every day of the week. We are sorry to hear about your concerns about the pool. Are you sure you are not confusing us with a neighboring hotel property? We do not have a marquee that advertises our pool. Our pool and hot tub have been functioning perfectly, and the pool is held at a constant 89 degrees. We have had no outages recently to report. Please contact us immediately if you have other information. Again, thank you for your comments, and we hope to see you again on your next trip to Stillwater.
MADISON
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

We purposely selected a hotel with a pool and hottub, and based upon area hotels, paid extra for it. We were very disappointed to find out that the pool and spa are open to the public. This is not on their website, not posted in the lobby and we weren't notified of this upon check-in.I believe that we should have a reasonable expectation that hotel facilities are for the exclusive use of guests. Families with lots of kids were coming in wearing winter coats, hats and boots, so obviously they were not guests staying at the hotel. None of them showered prior to using the pool and spa. They had all of the few tables and chairs occupied. The pool was so cloudy from over-use that we didn't even think of getting into the water. The clerk at the front desk said that their policy is to let anyone use it for $5.00. He apologized for the cloudy condition of the pool, but made no effort to remedy it.
The hotel is generally quite worn and need of updating. Our room had bathroom tiles that were falling off of the wall at the floor level and crumbling grout piled like sand in the corners. It almost was deep enough to cover the pubic hairs that hadn't been vacuumed up since who knows how long. I would not recommend this to anyone.

Room Tip: Ask before booking if the hotel amenities are for the exclusive use of guests. You obviously can'...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
StillwaterCrossings, General Manager at Crossings by GrandStay Inn & Suites Stillwater, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Dave,

Thank you for giving us feedback about our open swim policy. We genuinely appreciate the time you took to review us. Because of your feedback, we have decided to limit our open swim hours to times during the day when guest use is very minimal. Our first priority is always to our guests and we undeniably want to ensure a wonderful experience for each person that stays with us.

I have discussed the bathroom cleanliness with my housekeepers and resolidified the importance of exceptionally clean rooms. Our maintenance guy is already in the process of doing room repairs and will certainly make sure tiles are secure & snug.
Thank you again for your very helpful review. I want to have a hotel where all guests are excited about their stay. I hope you will stay with us again in the future!

Been to Crossings by GrandStay Inn & Suites Stillwater? Share your experiences!