“Excellent Front Desk, Housekeeping, and Regional Manager Staff!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
NEW: 10% off your stay!
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Stillwater
Stillwater, Minnesota
“Excellent Front Desk, Housekeeping, and Regional Manager Staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2011

Being an experienced hotel "frequent-flyer", I am pretty picky...am VERY impressed with The Crossings at Stillwater, MN. Due to an extended temporary living situation, I had my choice where to stay and 'live'...I'm very happy I chose The Crossings. The pool and hottub is always clean and fresh every day, fully-stocked. There is a hot breakfast with a large variety of beverages, fruits, muffins, cereals, condiments, and a warm breakfast room every morning. The lobby is decorated seasonally with a fireplace, too! There's enough vending machines and ice for everyone...plenty of parking and if I need something faxed or shipped, the hotel does it for me without question. The carpets, rooms, and hotel is deep-cleaned regularly and If I ask for anything extra for my room, from housekeeping, I get it without feeling "put off". My son, age 5, has been treated so well by everyone (as an individual - not as a guest-pest) and overall I would highly recommend this hotel to EVERYONE...because even if you don't have or tolerate children, the staff and hotel has policies and room enough to keep adults and families separate. It really is a nice place in a very nice, convenient and beautiful part of the city. I want to recognize Brynn, the Front Desk attendant..she is amazingly inter-personal, professional, accomodating, and so very smart and a wonderful person! The housekeeper, Kelly, is fantastic (I swear I'm going to steal her away and hire her as my personal maid!) Also - Nathan, the Regional Manager, who is just a very friendly, but hard-working, professional fully committed to this Inn. He treas me with total respec when we encounter one another. All in all, everyone has been just fantastic to my son and I. Thanks, to you all..It's All Good! I am grateful.
SabrinaS.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Winnipeg, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2011

Very dated; still has flowered bedspreads - though the bed was comforable. Old, outdated TV which wouldn't work until light switch at entry door was turned on - who knew? Bathroom needed some serious updating and no fridge and/or microwave. Check in and out was fast and painless.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2011

The suite has a microwave and a mini fridge inside it. I enjoyed the noon check out. I was able to sleep in a bit. The bed was good but not GREAT as far as comfortability. The pool stayed open till midnight. They had a great comp breakfast from 6am to 10am. They had waffles, eggs, sausage, juice, coffee, yogurt and cereal. They have a community computer in the lobby for guest use. I didn't use the whirlpool in my room because I wasn't sure how clean it was. It had some dust laying around inside the tub. Plus the drains looked a lil rusted. So I just skipped it. Other than that I had a good experience. I would stay here again. It is very close to Hwy 36 and a lot of different restraunts and stores.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2011

The hotel was a real bargain . The pool and whirlpool were very clean and much appreciated after a long travel day. The room was large, well appointed and most of all very clean and comfortable. The shower was good too. The motel breakfast was extensive and included bacon and scrambled eggs as well as donuts, muffins, cold and hot cereal, yogurt, juices, waffles and fresh fruit. We would definitely stay here again. The location was very handy for shopping and chain restaurants as well as visiting the "must see" quaint downtown of Stillwater.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Berlin, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2011

unfortunately have to agree that everything past lobby needs to be redone was dissappointed. Toilet didn't work the best and tub faucet leaked. ;o(

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2011

The hotel itself is very nice. We had a whirlpool suite which was also nice. The staff was great. However, the room needs some updating. The knob that closes the drain in the whirlpool was broken, as was the controller for one of the jets. The bedspread was kind of yucky and old-fashioned. The shower head was old and the shower curtain didn't go all the way down to the floor, so the floor got wet when you showered. There was not enough light in the bedroom and there was only ONE hook for towels in the entire suite. There was NO towel rod in the bathroom and the one hook was attached to the doorstop - kind of gross. I had to hang my towels on the doorknob and those and the door below looked dirty. It was nasty. Also, the toilet didn't flush unless you held the handle for awhile and that's the last thing I wanted to do! Yuck! Both the pool and hot tub floors have a terrible bumpy, scratchy texture that I hated, and the hot tub was much, much, much too hot. And coming from me, that says a lot. I am not Scandanavian - I absolutely can handle the heat. I generally take showers with zero cold water and I stay in hot tubs for hours. I couldn't stay in this one for more than a couple of minutes and even that short time wasn't enjoyable. They do have 2 full hours of adults-only time at the pool/hot tub every night, though, which is a rare treat! Oh, one other thing, they started mowing the lawn Monday morning at 8:00 am while we were trying to sleep - we were on vacation!!!!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2011

While in Stillwater for a wedding my family had decided to stay at the Crossings by Grandstay. Our first impression of the hotel was when we were making our reservation, the reservations agent (Heather) was so polite and personable. When we arrived to the hotel we were shocked by the lobby, it looked like it was brand new and should be featured in a magazine. As we checked in it was a shocking coinsidence that Heather was there to greet us with her smiling face and southern accent; answering any questions that we had about the hotel. We got to our very spacious suite and were shocked by the comfortable beds. The pool is absolutely huge for a hotel this size, and the free breakfast is just as big and always remained fully stocked! The only downside is that it did look like the hotel could use some new carpeting in the hallways and a few other upgrades, but that did not bother us at all.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a suite!!!!