“This charming inn is better than ever!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lowell Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Stillwater
Lowell Inn
Save Saved
You added Lowell Inn to your Saves list
102 North Second Street, Stillwater, MN 55082   |
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Stillwater
Omaha
“This charming inn is better than ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2009

My husband and I celebrated our 16th wedding anniversary over two nights at the Lowell Inn this week. We went there on our honeymoon and have gone back every year since. Over the years, the inn has changed ownership several times. THANKFULLY, the current owners have restored the old charm! We ate the fondue dinner in the Matahorn Room both nights. The food was to die for and the service was impeccable. Everyone who works there is friendly and ready to serve. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The jacuzzi tubs are perfect for two. By the time we left, we were so relaxed we had to be poured into our car!

Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2009

The restaurant is terrifc ( even if we were the only ones in there! ) Food excellent.

Room ( 19 ) just OK - pillows awful - stubbed my toe repeatedly on the bed. TV only worked if you were right in front of it..

Great spot for romantic get away - little room at the top of the stairs ( no elevator ) had a coffee machine - no pastries or anything for breakfast - we could eat in the restaurant at full price - how can they be a B/B? No bar.

Great location but there are other places I would try..

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Crystal, MN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2009

Before staying at the Lowell Inn I had read over reviews and am glad to say that I had went against some of the bad reviews previously written on this site. We, my fiancee and I, decided to plan a get away in Stillwater and looked over all of our options for stays. The price seemed more reasonable compared to others and the rooms looked very cozy! Come to find out that this was very true. The beds were comfortable and the rooms very clean. It is true that the rooms do not have completely private bathroom areas but for a couple I couldn't see why this would be a problem.

In particular, I want to let it be known that it was very obvious that this Inn read their reviews and took appropriate action to correct what others were having problems with. I cannot say that I had a gift certificate that I was unable to use, so no advice in this area. However, I will say that one gentleman in particular whom we booked with and met with in the morning for breakfast and check out was very accomodating and polite. We were seated immediately and the food was very good. I wouldn't say that the food was spectacular but everyone has different and particular taste.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to any friend who is looking for a stay that is reasonable in price and also very nestalgic. Every person is going to have their own opinion but I would not throw out the idea of staying at this Inn because of personal dining preferences or past problems of management changes. By the sounds of it, I would just avoid buying a gift certificate.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
St Paul
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2009

Had an engagement event planned--booked 2 months in advance with only 2 requirements--a sofa and a 2-seater jacuzzi which was advertised on their web site. Also made reservations for dinner assuming that their menu was the same as the one on the web site. When we arrived, no sofa, no jacuzzi, the room rates were substantially increased. Both I and my wife are disabled and no mention was made of the fact that our room was also on the 3rd floor with no elevator! Also, the menu was changed to a more pricey variant allowing only 5 high-calorie options for the entree. Although, after substantial discussion with one of the more ruder managers I have ever run across, our money was refunded. If you want to eat there--great! But don't plan a life milestone there and expect it to go off without a hitch.

• Liked — Food
  • Disliked — Manager
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2008

We stayed here for our anniversary. Easy to get too. Big parking lot on North side of building. Friendly, fast check in. Nice size room. QUIET, no traffic or train noise!!!. Beds are super nice!!Slept 12 hours!!!! Did not eat supper here, but had breakfast the next morning. Good service, good food. Very historic building.

• Liked — The comfy Bed
  • Disliked — bathroom set up.
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
lesjnov4
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2008

I stay at the Lowell Inn each year for Lumber Jack Days with my friends and we always have GREAT Service, I am a Director of Sales at a hotel and always expect to have good service which we do. I have not eaten there so I can not say anything for the food but the front desk is GREAT. The only thing I can say is make sure they book your dates well they made a mistake for our 2008 room and we almost did not have a room but they called me right away after they had a cancelation they are GREAT would recomnad.

• Liked — Location
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
stillwater mn
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2008

how can they call it fine dinning, what a joke.i had the sunday brunch,they should have paid me to eat it. well to start it off, there was an older woman short with glasses, was so rude needs to work on the personality side.nothing was from scratch, maby the soup that was the only good item, everything was boxed canned or frozen. the dessert tasted freezer burned, so u know that not home-made. mc-donalds would have tasted better.

• Liked — bathrooms were clean
  • Disliked — the food
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Lowell Inn? Share your experiences!