I stayed at this inn a month ago for a business trip and still have nightmares! I have no idea how anyone in their right mind would stay here on purpose. I was stuck here due to a work function and would have run if given the opportunity. I was placed in room #222 which obviously hadn't been cleaned in months. From the moment I opened the door I was hit in the face with a suffocating musty smell. There were cobwebs on all of the tacky, tarnished light fixtures/sprinklers, holes in the wallpaper and walls (some of them covered up by nailing pieces of wood over it), a possible blood stain on the couch, MOLD covering the shower curtain and in the toilet, dust on practically every surface I touched, the towels that I assumed were once white were now yellow and dingy and the bed linens were musty and smelled horrible. I was unable to change rooms due to the time and no one being at the front desk when I went to ask so I spent the night sitting in the only chair that I found remotely clean after I wiped it with sanitizer. It was a horrible experience. After being jetlagged and working all day this was just unacceptable! The next morning (which couldn't have come fast enough) before meeting my team for breakfast I stopped at the front desk and asked them to please CLEAN the room and replace all of the linens especially the shower curtain that was ridden with mold and I was assured it would be done when the housekeeping staff came in later. I was told the building was over 100 years old so the ventilation is not very good which accounted for the musty smell. I asked her what was the excuse for the linens smelling that way? There was no response! A few hours later when we had a break I went down to check to see if the issues were taken care of and there was a weird smell in the hallway. When I opened the room door I was blasted by the smell of bleach which was at a toxic level since I immediately began coughing and gaging. I shut the door and took off for the front desk. I passed 2 of my co-workers asking where the chlorine smell was coming from since there was no pool? I asked you can smell that? The answer I got was that it was down the entire hallway. Instead of them replacing the shower curtain they bleached it and turned on a fan to get rid of the bleach smell. There was no way I could stay in that room with the smell being so strong. I ended up coughing for hours after only being in there for a few seconds so I demanded another room. I was given the key to the "last modern" room supposedly but I still had to move my belongings from room# 222. I had to hold my breath, run in and grab my suitcase but the smell was too much so I had to go back twice in order to get everything and not suffocate. The modern room was better and cleaner but I still used sanitizer to clean off surfaces, etc. Linens still dingy but didn't smell so that was a plus and there was no mold in the shower. I wouldn't stay here ever again nor would I recommend it to anyone! They served us breakfast each morning. The eggs and potatoes were covered in cheese since they don't know what seasonings are and the muffins were completely dry that I didn't even bother to taste it after I broke off a piece. I have no idea how this place stays in business since they should be ashamed! When we called downstairs from the "penthouse" to ask for bottled water we were told they were too busy and would get to it. No customer service whatsoever! Also, when I called to speak to the manager Alex and asked for a refund for the first night since the condition of the room was unacceptable I was told no since I used the room! I couldn't believe that he was serious! This place needs new management and their staff needs to have hospitality training since they have none! If I could have rated it lower I would have since the entire experience was terrible and beyond disappointing since the town was very cute.
Ask for a modern room if you must stay here. Best bet pick another place.
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.