“Cool Place!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Lowell Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Stillwater
Lowell Inn
Save Saved
You added Lowell Inn to your Saves list
102 North Second Street, Stillwater, MN 55082   |
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Stillwater
New Prague, Minnesota
“Cool Place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

We stayed at the Lowell Inn for two nights for my sons wedding near-by. It was a great experience. The staff was so helpful and friendly. Loved having a jacuzzi in the room. Was close enough to walk anywhere in town.

And...for a 93 degree wedding day...thank you for having GREAT air conditioning!

Room Tip: The first room we stayed in didn't have a shower - just a tub which was a tad challenging but ce...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Des Moines, Iowa, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Best place to stay for price and best location!! I am so happy we picked this hotel vs any bed and breakfast or the Watergate, not only due to the hospitality, but location as well. It is only a few walking blocks from main street, which is far too noisy and chaotic anyway, so it was nice to have some quite time. We went over labor day weekend for our 1 year anniversary and the streets were quite chaotic so it was nice not having to worry about parking.

First exterior appearance of the building has great charm with a cute patio on the front. I was also impressed by the brand new parking ramp right next to the hotel that I was able to park in for free. Upon entering the building I was a little hesitant as it is a very old building with maybe not quite as good up keep. But then again, it IS a VERY OLD hotel about 90 years old! This is getting nit picky, but the biggest upgrade they could do is change out the tattered rugs, but maybe they are trying to keep the original was my theory. We stayed in a Queen suite with a Jacuzzi which was a nice size room and very cute decor. The only disadvantage was the bathroom which kind of freaked me out which you step up into and only had curtains as coverage. I suppose this is an upgrade of what it was 90 years ago though ;-). Again, the carpets needed upgraded in the rooms or a deep cleaning to help get the musty urine smell out. Again, I am just being picky and would recommend it to anyone.

Make sure you bring a cooler, there is no refrigerator.

The Sunday brunch is a must that you have to check out here as they have a great selection and the most amazing prime rib! We at there for regular breakfast as well, but did not make it for dinner, as they closed at 8 :(.

Would definitely stay again, as we are getting my in-laws a weekend package to stay here!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Cottage Grove, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

The Lowell Inn in Stillwater, MN is a beautiful Bed and Breakfast. It is a block away from the main drag in Stillwater which makes it nice and quiet. The rooms are charming with antique decorations galore. The bed we had was a little too soft for us, but it was still comfortable. My wife Debbie and I celebrated our 31st Anniversary at the Lowell Inn. It just may be a new tradition to go there on future Anniversaries. We loved it.

Room Tip: The standard room was very affordable, but I think when we go back we will try for a Deluxe room. Th...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

What an experience. Stayed in the honeymoon suite it was wonderful. Loved the decor, spacious. One thing was the bed, very comfortable but wasn't even a queen. What can I say I like my room when I sleep. I did read the prior reviews and was concerned on the negative ones. Once there, no concerns.

• Stayed July 2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We had a lovely room (330 I believe), king-sized bed, jacuzzi, flat screen tv. The bathroom is a little awkward with a wooden folding closet type door which you do have to shut in order to sit on the toilet. Oh well, that is to be expected with an old hotel. The location is great, one block off of main street so it was not very noisy except for the one motorcycle club that rolled through town at 7am on Monday morning. Oh well, that is to be expected in Stillwater on weekends. The one problem I had with the hotel was that since it was our 10th wedding anniversary, my family tried to arrange with the hotel to have flowers and a bottle of champagne waiting for us when we checked in. The hotel told them "NO, we can't do that". Really? You don't want an extra $100?!! I thought that was really odd. If I had known about it ahead of time, I would've asked to speak to the manager at check-in.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a room that has a door on the bathroom.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Bend, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I hate to say this but this was probably one of the worst hotel stays of my life. I grew up near this hotel. It was the place the rich stayed & I use to dream of how nice it was. Well fast forward 35 years when I can finally afford to stay there & it was worst than a Motel 6. It was musty, run down, the carpet smelled like dog or cat pee, the continental breakfast was cheap juice cups & pre-packaged processed pastries, the staff were pretty nice but when I asked for a single roll-away bed so that my nephew could stay one night with us they charged me $30 for it. I didn't complain but I was like OMG my room smells like big time cat pee & I didn't say a thing, the least you can do is give me this crappy roll-way for free. The generator outside my window was so loud I couldnt keep the windows open. The good thing is the location, downtown. It's just funny how times change. This really was THE place back in the day.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
beldenville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

The old part of the hotel needs help but the new part is very nice .We go there a couple times a year and have been happy with the experience..Book your room in the new part and you will be alot happier it is modern ,clean ,new mattresses and a nice balcony towards the river.The garden is nice out back also for a small weddings or a get together .Also has a banquet hall onsite also.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Lowell Inn? Share your experiences!