“My new go- to hotel in Stillwater” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lowell Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Stillwater
Lowell Inn
102 North Second Street, Stillwater, MN 55082   |
Ranked #5 of 8 hotels in Stillwater
Chicago
“My new go- to hotel in Stillwater”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2011

We stayed over Easter me, my husband and our two girls 4 and 1. The staff took such good care of us and the girls loved the unique rooms. The bed was very comfortable, and although the hotel is older it, to me, is so much better than any other hotel option - and reasonably priced. The prices compete with the icky chain hotels on the highway. Breakfast was really wonderful and again, prices super reasonable for the quality and atmosphere. The location can't be beat . I like the dated charm, the beautiful lobby and the staff was very helpful. For a family with kids, we got to have a nice b&b kind of experience but we didn't feel like we had to shush the kids all the time (our kids are good travelers, though, too) Great experience. Stillwater was my hometown and when I come back to visit it feels like a homey place to stay!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family

80 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Racine, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2010

For the price breakfast should have been included.When I searched for bed & breakfast inns this came up. The hotel lobby and hallways had a musty smell. The bathrooms were very old.The towels were old and thin. The beds were very saggy. The only positive was the location.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Twin Cities, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2010

We spent a night in this inn in fall. The building was beautifully restored and decorated. The rooms were smaller, but well-decorated. There were many things to look at in the hallways and lobby area. The restaurant was very good for both dinner dining and Sunday brunch buffet.

• Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2010

Sad but true - this grand old hotel is in desperate need of a makeover. Our bedroom was large with a very nice (and comfortable) kingsize bed - but everything else in the room was in bad shape. Peeling wallpaper - missing lightbulbs in the wall sconces, shag carpet (yes, really) from who knows when, crystal ceiling light covered in dust, bathroom tiles and fixtures falling apart - I could go on. There was a small dingy office/lounge area on our floor with a coffee machine and computer. This area had clearly not been cleaned in a long time - wouldn't dare have risked drinking the coffee. What a shame to see a Stillwater "institution" go downhill so badly. Never again!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
macon, georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2010

First time I stayed at the inn was in 1984. The whole experience was wonderful. The best place for young lovers to expereince life and to carry those memories with then a lifetime! I lost my friend a few years back but I will always carry that weekend in my heart.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
MPLS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2009

Wanted something unique and elegant and I think the Lowell fit that bill. My wife and I had both a very elegant meal for dinner and the breakfast was very good and at a comparable price of a Perkins. Everything worked, and the only thing i would have done differently was to bring my own pillows (i hate feather pillows). I too was surprised that there aren't any elevators (maybe i missed it) but I didn't need them. I am thinking about trying to get a future family gathering there.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Omaha
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2009

My husband and I celebrated our 16th wedding anniversary over two nights at the Lowell Inn this week. We went there on our honeymoon and have gone back every year since. Over the years, the inn has changed ownership several times. THANKFULLY, the current owners have restored the old charm! We ate the fondue dinner in the Matahorn Room both nights. The food was to die for and the service was impeccable. Everyone who works there is friendly and ready to serve. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The jacuzzi tubs are perfect for two. By the time we left, we were so relaxed we had to be poured into our car!

Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Lowell Inn? Share your experiences!