“An Amazing Adventure” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Elephant Walk

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Stillwater
Elephant Walk
You added Elephant Walk to your Saves list
801 Pine St W, Stillwater, MN 55082   |
Ranked #2 of 8 Stillwater B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Oakdale, Minnesota
“An Amazing Adventure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

This is the coolest bed and breakfast we've ever been to. My wife and I just needed a weekend away, and the Elephant Walk was the place for us.

Owners are gracious and accommodating. The room was simply amazing. We got the best sleep we had had in months, and breakfast was scrumptious.

You must visit Elephant Walk!

Room Tip: The Raffles room was amazing! Make sure to get a room with a hot tub.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Rochester, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

surprise 30th anniversary night in the chiangmai room was wonderful! warm reception with a tour of all the rooms by kim. champagne, cheeses, bread, fruit, nuts, and chocolate-covered strawberries greeted us in our room. incredible breakfast by sasha after a comfortable jacuzzi plunge followed by a rejuvenating sleep by the fireplace. we'll definitely be back! thank you for the wonderful memories

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Stillwater, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

My wife and I stayed for our Valentine's getaway and had a great experience. We have been to a few Victorian houses, but were wanting a change, and we found it. A fun mixture of Asian artwork and décor and the absence of a tv in the room made for a very warm, romantic stay. The family/staff were upbeat and hospitable without being invasive. Breakfast was world class and we enjoyed our conversation with the three other couples who had stayed.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

I've stayed at numerous Bed and Breakfast establishments (Beds and Breakfasts??), and have found the Elephant Walk to be the most perfect blend of luxury, solitude, community, and quirkiness! The food is absolutely exquisite, the owner/operators are perfect hosts, and the house is full of the most unique objects you could ever hope to find. It's like going to Thailand without the airfare. I was a little hesitant to book the Cadiz in the winter because I didn't know if the lovely deck would be enough of a value add/differentiation when it was too cold to go outside, but the extra space is definitely worth it. Oh, and the bed is divine (provided you like a soft bed).

New Prague, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

Loved the foreign / travel themed rooms. Stayed on coldest day of this winter season and felt like we were a thousand miles away in the Raffles room. The jacuzzi in this room with the aquarium are much nicer than the pics. Being more private people, we really appreciated the extras that this B&B offered such as the bottle of wine and cheese plate that we could enjoy in our room. Sasha was very nice and professional. We have already booked our return for early March in the Cadiz Garden Suite.

Room Tip: Raffles is a great warm winter getaway room and Cadiz Garden Suite a better spring/summer room where...
Pkymouth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

Really cool decor, friendly staff/family, etc.

Highlights are the cheese/wine at check-in, unique room decor in each one, the radio (odd, but I loved this - really relaxed our time in the room), the Restoration Hardware robes (woh!), the other people there, the staff, the pineapple, etc.

Some areas for improvement: The breakfast would be awesome for sweet lovers - I liked it, but I'm not in to sweets, and it was a lot. The bed in our room also "rolls to the middle" a bit - so if two people are on it, you roll in to each other.

Overall thoughts: Next time, I'd maybe check to see which day we want to be there based on breakfast, but other than that, I'd recommend this to anyone going to Stillwater - awesome place, close to everything, etc.

Room Tip: Accidentally clicked Fitness Center - there isn't one there.
Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

We stayed at the Elephant Walk recently for one night to celebrate my husbands birthday. We stayed in the Chiang Mai and loved it! It was one of the smaller rooms, but had a cozy fireplace and wonderful whirlpool. We loved the cheese plate and wine waiting for us! I loved the décor from Thailand and the fact that it wasn't an old fashioned B&B. I would love to stay here in the summer because I bet the backyard garden is beautiful!

We had a beautiful dinner at the Lake Elmo Inn and came back to the room early to enjoy wine by the fire. Although the bed was a bit firm for my taste, we slept fine and breakfast in the morning was a treat! I was actually still full from dinner the night before, but I loved dessert at breakfast! We would stay here again when visiting Stillwater.

Room Tip: I recommend the Cadiz Garden Suite in the summer. It has an amazing deck and garden. We didn't b...
Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Elephant Walk? Share your experiences!