“great time in Stillwater” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Elephant Walk

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Stillwater
Elephant Walk
You added Elephant Walk to your Saves list
801 Pine St W, Stillwater, MN 55082   |
Ranked #2 of 8 Stillwater B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
West Palm Beach, Florida
“great time in Stillwater”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

Staying here was like I would imagine it would be like to stay at B&B in Thailand. The hosts were very nice. The food was very good. Everyday another treat for breakfast. Dessert for breakfast? What a great idea. The daily wine, cheese, fruit, and homemade crackers were always something to look forward to. The owners were so friendly and nice it was staying with family.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

My husband and I had a wonderful experience at the Elephant Walk. It felt like we were somewhere far away and exotic. Don't wait too late in the day to check in, as there is complementary wine and a tray with homemade crackers, cheese, fruit, and nuts.

Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

My wife and I celebrated our anniversary with a night in the Raffles room. Very pleased with the overall experience. Rita, the owner, is very nice and she cares about her guests. It was an experience that you do not get in a hotel. Relaxing, very peaceful with many nice touches described in other reviews. It was just what we wanted, a peaceful night, away from our four children (there great, but...).

Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

My partner and I had the best stay at the Elephant Walk last weekend. In fact, it was the best B&B experience we've ever had. Mike and Rita, our charming hosts, were incredibly hospitable and didn't miss a detail. The rooms are wonderfully appointed, down to the bath salts, iPod, wine and cheese tray (Rita bakes her own crackers -- not to be missed!), docking station, and downright heavenly bed. We stayed in the Chiang Mai room which was beautifully decorated in Asian imports, as is the entire home. Everywhere you turn around in the Elephant Walk, there is a story that comes to life by way of the wonderful artifacts they have collected from their annual trips to the East. The breakfast in the morning will blow your mind - fresh fruit and scones (OMG, the scones!), stuffed french toast, and yes, dessert (ours was an Apricot Torte). The breakfast presentation was spot on and our service was impeccable. Rita and Mike are pure joy -- entertaining and interesting -- they have put their heart and soul into this place and it shows in everything they do. Run, don't walk, to the Elephant Walk and while you're there, have dinner at the Green Room and if you can, rent a boat and take a stunning trip down the St. Croix (you won't be disappointed!).

livonia, michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I decided to celebrate our anniversary and get away for an evening--so glad we chose Elephant Walk! We stayed in The Raffles, which was cozy, clean, warm and inviting. Classical music playing on the sound system greeted us upon entering our room, as well as a bottle of wine, fruit, cheese and crackers--welcomed touches after a harried commute from the Twin Cities. Also appreciated the mini-fridge stocked with soda and water. We loved soaking in the large hot tub and watching the fish swim by in the aquarium..very tranquil. Homemade breakfast served by our gracious and fun hosts, Rita and Mike, was delicious--scones, fresh fruit, bacon and pear-filled crepes were some of the offerings. We really enjoyed the opportunity to sit and talk with the other guests at breakfast--and I think it says a lot about Elephant Walk that one couple was frequent stayers and the other was on their second visit. Would highly recommend!!

• Stayed May 2012
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

Forget the stereotypical Victorian b & b; staying at the Elephant Walk is like visiting your favorite sister in Bangkok, Thailand. Rita, the hostess, lived in Thailand for many years and brought a houseful of furniture and art home with her. The bedrooms are comfortable and exotic, and very romantic. Rita is clearly someone who really enjoys taking care of people and she does a great job of it! She is also a fabulous cook. The breakfast was overwhelming and wonderful, and included the best scones we have ever had.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Des Moines, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

While on business in Stillwater, I had the fantastic treat to stay at The Elephant Walk B&B. The owners were on vacation in Thailand for the winter but their daughter was a wonderful host. She let me have my pick of the entire place but suggested a suite for me with a fireplace and whirlpool. A bottle of wine, cheese, artisian bread, fruit and nuts were waiting for me and the music was already on in the room. I really liked how this B&B did not have the slightest creepy/ghosty vibe of others I have stayed it. As the owner's daughter pointed out, it was a very comforting, calming place. The entire house was decorated with stuff from Thailand, which was very unique. The night I stayed there was heavy sleet and snow and since the guests park in the back and enter the house in the front, the owner's daughter's husband came out to help bring my belongings in the house. I ended up dining at the recommended bistro and also got a nice massage from a masseuse that the owner's daughter recommended as well. In the morning, I had a delicious breakfast of stuffed french toast and a fancily cut quarter of pineapple. At the Elephant Walk, all details have been thought of and you. Definitely won't be dissapointed! I would recommend this B&B to everyone.

• Stayed March 2012

Been to Elephant Walk? Share your experiences!