“Hotel of choice” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Stillwater
Seffner, FL
“Hotel of choice”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

This is my hotel of choice for this area. I have stayed here in the past while traveling with pets and have always received a friendly welcome.( Just one word of caution...I made a reservation several days in advance and was expecting a room with a queen sized bed. When I checked in the clerk told me he only had king size beds and there would be an extra $5 charge. When I told him I was quoted a price when I made the reservation he gave me the room at the original agreed upon price). This time traveling alone was no different. I had a very nice room close to the front door and breakfast area.That being said...I marked this as an average hotel because while the room was fairly clean...it is motel clean not my kind of clean. I only stayed for two nights and this hotel was acceptable for those nights. Breakfast items in the past have been stale but this time the items I chose were fresh. I wish they would offer yogurt and fresh fruit but alas only cereal and breakfast pastries. I would recommend it for a short stay

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
abvistillwater, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn-Stillwater/St. Paul, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
We appreciate your comments about your stay. We are in the process of becoming a nonsmoking hotel and we are expanding our continental breakfast to a hot breakfast. Please consider our facility for you lodging needs next time you are in the area.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Bellevue, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

We have stayed here a few times now and each time we are greeted with a smile. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Our room is always clean and very comfortable. Our children love the pool area. I think this is a great place to stay and will continue to stay here when in the area.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your comments. We are always ecstatic with a enthusiastic customer as yourself. Please let us know if we can help with your future lodging needs.
New Richmond, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

Great location with nearby shopping and restaurants. We had reserved a room with just a king bed. When we got there to check in they said they were over booked and gave us a free upgrade to a room with both a king and queen bed in it. Tried laying on both beds and the king was softer and more comfortable. Quiet weekend, suprised we didn't hear a lot of noise considering the hotel was over booked and the parking lot was full. We even had the pool/spa to ourselves for awhile. Basic breakfast with not a lot of choices. But at other hotels with these low rates you don't always get a free breakfast or a pool. Was also nice to have a mini fridge in the room. Would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Lindstrom, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

The hotel is approximately 30 miles away from the house, so still close by if we needed to go home in a hurry. They allowed for a late check-in (we checked in sometime between 9pm-10pm) with no fee. Check-in was easy. We had no issues with the interior decor of the hotel itself. Our room was nice, clean and had no smoke odor (we booked a queen bed non-smoking room). There were no extranious noises (kids running in the hall, thin walls). However, with the noises we were making in OUR room, I wouldn't be surprised if someone complained on us! The continental breakfast left much to be desired, but at least they had orange juice! Overall it was a nice getaway from the kids & we plan on returning again next week (asking for the same room)!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Elgin, IL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Was lucky to get this room on a busy weekend for the motel/hotel trade in Stillwater. They have finished the exterior renovations but unfortunately have evidently not started the interior(if they plan to do it).
The interior had that good old "OLD stale motel odor", which made sleeping very difficult. One of the couples in our party entered their room only to find vomit on the floor. They got transferred to another room. In our room it took several minutes for the sink to drain.
The decor was pleasant but the lighting was insufficient, making if almost impossible to read anywhere but in bed.
We intended to stay 3 nights but were able to get a room in a nearby hotel after two nights. We stayed here years ago and were quite satisfied but, evidently, the property has changed hands.
VERY basic breakfast.

Room Tip: Go to the motel next door to the Lexington. Dave
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Seffner, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

We have stayed at this property three times. The location is great for us and they are pet friendly, which is important. The desk clerk was very nice and did not charge for the pets.The hotel was having issues with remodeling the outside of the hotel and the side door that we were using was not secured so anyone could walk into the hotel at that point. I suppose with all the coming and going of the workmen it was hard to keep the halls clean so I will not complain about that. Our room was large with a handicapped bathroom which was also large. On the surface it was clean but one evening out little dog smelled something under the bed and dragged out some old fast food containers. For some reason it seems to escape the cleaners notice that under the beds and in the corners dirt does accumulate if you don't clean it daily. The area has lots of grass for dog walking...just clean up after your pet...and the hotel is close to some good restaurants, a Walmart, a Cub's Supermarket and other shopping.They do have a continental breakfast with cereal, juice and pastries..which were fresh and delicious..an almost unheard of occurrence in mid-price hotels. I most likely will stay here again when we come back to visit family.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Morris, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Probably the worst place I have ever stayed in my 63 years! Approximately 20 rooms for myself and family members were booked at this hotel for a wedding...only hotel available for June 22, 2014. The air was so toxic with the combination of urine, cig smoke, and an over powering room deod that I didn't know whether to turn on the (never been cleaned) air conditioner or leave the window open. I opted for both because I was afraid that I would have an allergy reaction. We could not fall asleep in this enviorment and just waited to check out and get out of there. There was a reason that no one was at the front desk at check out...only a basket for a "key drop."

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Americas Best Value Inn-Stillwater/St. Paul? Share your experiences!