“Overnight Getaway With The Husband!” 4 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1750 Frontage Rd W, Stillwater, MN 55082   |
Hotel virtual tour
Ranked #8 of 8 hotels in Stillwater
Lindstrom, Minnesota
“Overnight Getaway With The Husband!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

The hotel is approximately 30 miles away from the house, so still close by if we needed to go home in a hurry. They allowed for a late check-in (we checked in sometime between 9pm-10pm) with no fee. Check-in was easy. We had no issues with the interior decor of the hotel itself. Our room was nice, clean and had no smoke odor (we booked a queen bed non-smoking room). There were no extranious noises (kids running in the hall, thin walls). However, with the noises we were making in OUR room, I wouldn't be surprised if someone complained on us! The continental breakfast left much to be desired, but at least they had orange juice! Overall it was a nice getaway from the kids & we plan on returning again next week (asking for the same room)!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

29 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Elgin, IL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Was lucky to get this room on a busy weekend for the motel/hotel trade in Stillwater. They have finished the exterior renovations but unfortunately have evidently not started the interior(if they plan to do it).
The interior had that good old "OLD stale motel odor", which made sleeping very difficult. One of the couples in our party entered their room only to find vomit on the floor. They got transferred to another room. In our room it took several minutes for the sink to drain.
The decor was pleasant but the lighting was insufficient, making if almost impossible to read anywhere but in bed.
We intended to stay 3 nights but were able to get a room in a nearby hotel after two nights. We stayed here years ago and were quite satisfied but, evidently, the property has changed hands.
VERY basic breakfast.

Room Tip: Go to the motel next door to the Lexington. Dave
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Seffner, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

We have stayed at this property three times. The location is great for us and they are pet friendly, which is important. The desk clerk was very nice and did not charge for the pets.The hotel was having issues with remodeling the outside of the hotel and the side door that we were using was not secured so anyone could walk into the hotel at that point. I suppose with all the coming and going of the workmen it was hard to keep the halls clean so I will not complain about that. Our room was large with a handicapped bathroom which was also large. On the surface it was clean but one evening out little dog smelled something under the bed and dragged out some old fast food containers. For some reason it seems to escape the cleaners notice that under the beds and in the corners dirt does accumulate if you don't clean it daily. The area has lots of grass for dog walking...just clean up after your pet...and the hotel is close to some good restaurants, a Walmart, a Cub's Supermarket and other shopping.They do have a continental breakfast with cereal, juice and pastries..which were fresh and delicious..an almost unheard of occurrence in mid-price hotels. I most likely will stay here again when we come back to visit family.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Morris, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Probably the worst place I have ever stayed in my 63 years! Approximately 20 rooms for myself and family members were booked at this hotel for a wedding...only hotel available for June 22, 2014. The air was so toxic with the combination of urine, cig smoke, and an over powering room deod that I didn't know whether to turn on the (never been cleaned) air conditioner or leave the window open. I opted for both because I was afraid that I would have an allergy reaction. We could not fall asleep in this enviorment and just waited to check out and get out of there. There was a reason that no one was at the front desk at check out...only a basket for a "key drop."

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

I'm so disappointed this stay this hotel was my favorite little place to stay when I would come to town but this time my room reservation was all messed up the room I was put in was not very clean and the pool was too cold. The rates have went up a lot too I guess now I just have to keep looking for a new hotel to stay at

• Stayed June 2013
Willmar, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

We arrived at hotel after 10:00 at night. We were checked into a room that hadn't been cleaned. The maid came right up and cleaned the room. The problem was when I called the manager to report the problem we had he began yelling at me and said I could have got a full refund that night and whent somewhere else. I told him I didn't want a refund, just to let him know so it didn't happen to the next customer. To which he replied "Have a nice day [--]" and hung up on me. On another note a non-smoking room should not have blankets with cigarette burn holes in them.

Room Tip: go somewhere else
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Jonesboro
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

We were In town for a retirement party and this hotel was centrally located. The rooms were clean, the staff was great and the indoor pool was great. Only downside is that it right off of the hwyand sometimes you cwould get road noise.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Been to Americas Best Value Inn-Stillwater/St. Paul? Share your experiences!