“Get away from it all!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Squaw Lake B&B and Inns
Apple Valley, Minnesota
“Get away from it all!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2011

We enjoyed our stay at this lovely home full of artistic details. It was quiet, serene and had all the comforts needed for a relaxing few days. The food was delicious, the proprietors helpful and hospitable, and the home and lake were beautiful!

Room Tip: We enjoyed the Secret Garden Room. Cozy and comfortable!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
MyLakeHome, Owner at My Lake Home Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, July 22, 2011
It was so great to have you both here and nice to see you relaxing and having some down time. I know how busy you both are and I was honored to be your host.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Coon Rapids, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2011

We just loved this B&B! Everything about it promotes relaxation, beauty and peacefullness. This house is really something to see, it is so unique with many artistic flairs about it, just too much to mention. The owners are super friendly and hospitable. The grounds and lake were beautiful and so serene. The 4 course breakfast is just lovely!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2010

I won an evening at this beautiful Bed & Breakfast in a silent auction, and I was absolutely astonished at how amazing this house was. We stayed in the Secret Garden Room, and it was so cozy I didn't want to leave. It was like visiting friends who just happened to have the most incredible home we had ever seen. Unfortunately we arrived later in the evening so we weren't able to take advantage of everything offered, but we fully intend to go back for a more extended stay.

Kathryn was the perfect hostess. We got a tour of the house, and all the creativity and attention to detail that went into building and decorating it just blew us away. The photos truly do not do it justice, and it needs to be seen to be believed.

If you are looking for something unique and off the beaten path, you won't be disappointed. It is truly a showcase.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2009

Since moving to Minnesota two years ago, my husband and I have been "exploring" different areas of the state. After a few very stressful weeks, we really needed a restful weekend getaway. I found My Lake Home Bed & Breakfast on Facebook. I contacted Katherine on short notice. The Secret Garden Room was available! What a surprise we received upon arriving to the beautiful home on the shores of Dixon Lake. The house is beautiful, the lake is spectacular, the setting quiet and peaceful. We enjoyed excellent food, hospitality and rest.
We look forward to our next visit!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Brainerd, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2009

A definite hideaway that provided so much peace and quiet. Our hosts were so kind and thoughtful and did everything possible to making our celebration private and romantic. The secret garden room is quaint and provided a beautiful breeze right off the lake with the beautiful song of the Loons. Kathryn made a great breakfast and was so willing to serve us privately. Great Host! Great Location!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
MyLakeHome, owner at My Lake Home Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, August 27, 2009
Thank you for your business and the very nice review, it was wonderful having you and come again! Kathryn *~*
Minneapolis, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2009

My wife and I absolutely enjoyed our time at ‘My Lake Home’ near Squaw Lake, MN. We use the internet to find most of our vacation lodging and have become accustomed to knowing exactly what we are getting prior to arriving. In this case, we were pleasantly surprised as the pictures on the website DO NOT DO JUSTICE to show how wonderful this bed and breakfast is. We stayed in the Secret Garden room which had a great view of the lake. Every morning we awoke to a gourmet 3-course breakfast prepared by Kathryn while watching the ducks and loons on the lake. Then it was off to a full day of paddleboat, canoe, or kayak before hustling back for wine and cheese at 5. Being a ways from town, we appreciated the guest fridge and freedom to use the grill whenever we wanted. After dinner, we retired to the guest community room with games, satellite TV, and bar. Kathryn and Lyle were gracious hosts and are some of the nicest people you’ll meet. Thanks for the great vacation!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
It was so great to have you here at Dixon lake and great to hear that you were pleased with our place. Looking forward to seeing you next time, Happy Fall Kathryn
PLYMOUTH, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2009

Something about the elegence of this bed and breakfast that made my husband and I feel at home. It was a long week, long drive and we were welcomed with wine and cheese over the beautiful sunset. Cost us about $30 gas total and the nightly rates were amazing! The perfect get-away. Thanks Lyle and Kathryn. We plan to spread the word.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to My Lake Home Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!