“Nice Place to Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
South Range, Wisconsin
“Nice Place to Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Nice Hotel , very clean rooms , I admit I read the reviews and was not to keen on staying here. But when we arrived I was suprised nice staff , nice clean room. The bar had good food. the staff was very helpful and printed us directions how to get to Hastings.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Lisa Marie C, General Manager at Clarion Hotel, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Greetings Darla W.,

I'm so happy you chose to stay with us. We are working very hard to ensure everyone has a pleasant stay so we appreciate that you recognized our efforts for cleanliness and service. Its great that you were able to dine at our restaurant on site- it offers a variety of food that ranges from burgers, pasta and fresh cod. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the Twin Cities!

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2014 via mobile

I had my wedding reception at the South St Paul Clarion Hotel. And let me tell you that it was amazing! The room was perfect and everything went smoothly! I had everything taken care of for me so my day was a surprise! Turned out fabulous and could not have asked for a better wedding day!!

• Stayed November 2014
Lisa Marie C, General Manager at Clarion Hotel, responded to this review, November 20, 2014
Jesswillhite,

First I would like to say Congratulations! We are honored to have been a part of your special day. Whether it is an overnight stay or a reception such as a wedding, we ensure that it goes smoothly from start to finish. Thank you for choosing the Clarion to host your event and we look forward to seeing you for future celebrations.

Warms wishes,

Cottage Grove, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2014

Needed to get out of my house for a few days while having some remodeling work done so I picked a hotel that was close to home with reasonable rates. I was very pleased with everything during my stay. Although the hotel is older the rooms were very clean and the housekeeping staff was very friendly checking in daily to see if we needed anything. My favorite part of staying here was the on-site restaurant - the food was really good, reasonable and plenty of variety. We especially liked the walleye dinner.

Conveniently located close to downtown St Paul and the Mall of America.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Greetings Kmm731,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We are very happy to be your home away from home for a weekend! We work very hard to ensure each guests stay is enjoyable and relaxing with amenities such as our pool and hot tub.

Once again thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you on your next getaway.

Jordan, Minnesota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2014

All I can say was our wedding was AWESOME!!!!! As everyone knows, most weddings have some kind of hick up in them and it is usually something you can not control. Our wedding was not like that! Not one thing went wrong!

Gerorgine (the event coordinator) was amazing! She was like our own wedding planner people pay hundreds, if not thousands of dollars for. The first time we met Georgene we knew she was going to be the one who was going to hep plan our wedding. She asked us one time, what we were worried about on our wedding day, I don't recall what we said but her answer was "nothing, I will be there and everything will be perfect". Going through the process, Georgene was more than accommodating to all our food request. We used all her regular people ex: photographer, DJ, decorator, flower person, and wedding cake baker, and it was obvious they were used to working together.

The day of our wedding everything went just as planned! Ceremony was on time (we had that there too in a different conference room), food was on time, everything was perfect!

At the end of the day, Georgene was still there and had everything boxed up on a cart for us to take up to our suite!

In summery, all the people commented how well our wedding went,and how much Georgene and her staff worked there butts off! All I can say is thank you 1,000,000 times over for making our day so special!

sincerely,
Oct 11th wedding

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Greetings Jason S.,

Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel. We appreciate your kind words and are thrilled we could be a part of your special day. As you mentioned we not only provide the space and accommodations for your guests, we also provide referrals for the services needed for any event.

Once again we thank you for hosting your event with us and look forward to seeing you in the future!

1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2014

This was the most horrible experience I had at any hotel in the state of minnesota. I would not ever recommended this hotel too some homeless person on the side of the road. I seen nothing anywhere in the hotel that said if you have kids you are not allowed to have a comforter because they would have to change them more ofton then once a week. Also you only get room cleaned every three days but they will give you sheets and a vacuum cleaner to clean your own room, HUM. lets not leave out that the ice machine had mold all around it.BOTTOM LINE IS PLEASE DONT SUBJUCT YOURSELF TO HEADACHES AND I BEG YOU TO NOT TAKE ANY CHIlDREN OR PETS TO THIS DUMP IT WILL BE CONSIDER ABUSE.A MISTAKE WILL LEARNED FROM DONT BOOK A ROOM BY THE LOOK OF THE LOBBY.MANAGER LISA PLEASE GET SOME TRAINING IN MANAGEMENT.

• Stayed October 2014
Lisa Marie C, General Manager at Clarion Hotel, responded to this review, October 20, 2014
Thank you for sharing your thoughts on our hotel. I'm very surprised by your comments as you had stayed with us for a week then extended your stay another week- staying with us two weeks in total.

As we discussed over the weekend, our housekeepers change sheets every three days for extended stay guests to conserve water. In addition we had discussed the damage that was being caused to our comforters such as rips and stains, which you deny and refuse to pay damage fees. therefore our housekeeping department took initiative to remove them unless requested. Lastly our housekeepers had very limited access to your room as the majority of your stay you did not want service or said to leave cleaning items so you could do it yourself.

Again I apologize that you were unsatisfied with your stay. I'm confident that if you had not declined service and allowed my staff to complete their duties you would not have had these complaints.

Travelers are raving about these South Saint Paul hotels

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2014

I was in town on a business trip. There was a mix up on my rental car which ended up with me at the hotel with no car. The staff was very friendly and a lady by the name of Georgene was exceptional in her service. Not only did she give me a ride to get something to eat but when I had to leave earlier than expected she also gave me a ride back to the airport in her personal vehicle. The food in the hotel bar and grill was surprisingly very good. Thanks to Georgene and the rest of the hotel staff they turned a bad business trip into a memorable one. I cannot thank them enough.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
BearsFan13,

On behalf of the staff we would like to thank you for your kind words. We do our best to assist our guests with their every need, even if it means using our personal vehicle to make it happen. We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to South Saint Paul.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2014

We picked this hotel because it was close to a family member. Walking in it seemed very nice! But when we got to our hotel room it was awful. I brang two very young children and I couldn't even give them a bath because there was no plug for tub. Not to mention the tub had hair still in it from whoever. Then we had found a dildo on the floor by the bed! The pool was not stocked with towels and there were towels still left over from the night before in pool area the guest bathroom was awful!!! Garbage can was overflowing with trash and other sorts of nastiness. My daughter couldn't even use that bathroom. I would not go back to this hotel. When we told the person at the desk about what we had found she didn't even act like it was a big deal. Sorry don't want my 2 year old daughter to be playing with someone's sex toy!!! Waste of money

• Stayed October 2014
Lisa Marie C, General Manager at Clarion Hotel, responded to this review, November 18, 2014
Myfamily12,

I would first like to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced while you stayed with us. We appreciate all feedback we receive as it is a foundation for us to build and ensure the issues are rectified. Thank you for staying with us and I assure you these problems will not occur in the future.

Lisa Marie

Been to Clarion Hotel? Share your experiences!