“poor experience, but good customer service” 2 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Plum City, United States
“poor experience, but good customer service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The hotel was definitely sub-par... The room smelled so much like smoke that I had to wash everything when I got home,there was white stuff on the floor, the toilet was broken, they didn't give me the internet code and when I tried to call to the front desk, the phone didn't work. The shades didn't close properly. The entire hotel was definitely run down looking.

I did have some positives: The breakfast was good, although the employee who munched throughout the time I was there was interesting.... They also did refund me 50% so that was nice. They said that my room shouldn't have been opened but they were overbooked. Wish I'd known that ahead of time.

The bartender was extremely nice, courteous and stayed open until late in the night! :)

Room Tip: Ask for a non smoking room that has been opened and aired out appropriately.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

23 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
South St. Paul
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The staff was very efficient on check inn and departure. Very helpful and courteous. The last time my experience was not as good as it was this time and I seen many improvements in the staff. Also, the breakfast was hot and plentiful.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Faribault, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We recently stay at the Clarion Hotel in South Saint Paul we were very please with every aspect !The front Desk staff was very friendly, The entire Catering Staff was Awesome ! Great food . This is a hidden treasure, The Breakfast was better than if we were to go to a sit down off the menu Great selection and included with our room.

Room Tip: Call them Direct they are very helpful
Woodbury, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

We had an event at Clarion hotel in south saint paul, MN from may 23rd through may 25th. we had a lot people from all over united states and Canada. the event went very well, it would not have been better anywhere else. the hotel staff were very efficient and accomodating, they went above and beyond to make our stay a very plesant one. Banquet room was well arranged and decorated, the cleaning crew were on top of stuff, managers were available for questions and very helpful through out. Staff were very honest, we left some checks and cash in the room and was turned in by the staff, you cannot get this kind of honesty and great service in too many places. if I have to choose hotel in future I will choose and recommend this place.

Room Tip: I like all there rooms, you will be pleased any one you stay.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Lisa Marie C, General Manager at Clarion Hotel, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Greetings Lolasoyomokun,

Thank you so very much for using our hotel to host your gathering. We are pleased that we were able to exceed your expectations for your event and stay in general. Our staff is very dedicated to ensuring all needs are met and the guest leaves with a lasting fond memory.

Once again we would like to thank you for your kind words and look forward to hosting your events in the future!
North Bay, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

I recently had to make a business trip to Minnesota. I stayed for 3 days and was pleasantly surprised by the welcoming reception I received as well as the accommodations I stayed in. The pool was clean and quiet and was extremely relaxing after a long journey.

It is obviously not a new hotel and is slightly dated. With that said, it still falls into the realm of a very comfortable place to stay. I was informed by the General Manager that the hotel is in the process of renovations. From what I learned from a repeat guest at the hotel, they have made major strides in making improvements to the hotel in a short time.

Housekeeping did an excellent job of keeping the rooms, and hotel in general, in a very clean state.

I ate in the restaurant for the three days I was there and was quite impressed with the variety and quality of food on the menu. The Chef did a fantastic job of making meals an experience to enjoy.

For a Clarion Hotel, it is an excellent place to stay. Would I recommend it? You bet!

Room Tip: Try the restaurant, you'll love it.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Greetings Murray C.,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. As you mentioned we are very excited about the renovations that will take place in early 2015. We work very hard to ensure every guest has a positive stay, such as maintaining the cleanliness of guest rooms, a warm welcome and safe departure.

We are very happy you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you on your next trip to South Saint Paul!
Tulsa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We have stayed at the Clarion because it is right down the hill from my brothers house after he became a little grumpy having us there every year (just kidding). The hotel is comfortable, dog friendly and yes a little dated and worn, but good service and always a smile.

Room Tip: Room 310 dated but big and nice.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Lisa Marie C, General Manager at Clarion Hotel, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Thank you therope for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us and we were able to provide you some solace away from your brother! We are very excited to see you next year as we should be finished our renovations and will have a completely new look!

I hope your travels home went well!

Lisa Marie
Pomeroy, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

I was not completely prepared to check-in to the Clarion and the front desk clerk made the process professional, routine, and unencumbering. The room was nice and a good value for the price. The pool area was not cluttered and was relaxing.

Room Tip: View to the east was nice towards evening.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Greetings Christopher F,

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments. We are working very hard to ensure every guest has a positive experience at our hotel so its great to hear our staff was able to assist you will all your needs!

We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the Twin Cities!

Lisa Marie

Been to Clarion Hotel? Share your experiences!