“Pleasant Surprise” 4 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Worcester, Massachusetts
“Pleasant Surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

I have stayed here a couple of times in the past traveling for business and to be utterly honest, I was not impressed until my recent stay last week. I had a very decent stay with better breakfast and friendlier staff. Will come back again!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Lisa Marie C, General Manager at Clarion Hotel, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Greetings David,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. As you mentioned we are in the process of stepping up our game and providing guests with superior service and amenities. We recognize that both our business and leisure travelers are looking for a comfortable place to stay with wireless internet and complimentary breakfast- all items we provide to our guests.

We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to seeing you more in the future!

Regards,
Lisa Marie

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Michigan City, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

I know the history of this place. I have been trucking for over 22 years and stayed many a night at the Drovers Inn as I still call it. What you people need to do is go back to what made that place in the first place, the history of the town. The kitchen once made a steak dinner for $12.00 that was out of this world fresh. They used to have that bar hopping on every night of the week it seemed. And they hired people that seemed to care about me the customer. Didn't matter what time of day or night - if I needed something, someone was there to figure it out.
Today people are rude, uninterested in me just going through the motions. Sometimes the beds seem like they are half assed maid.
More than once I have had to get the attention of a worker who is txt or emailing on a phone. They should notice me first. If you want that place to make it, have a steak dinner every day of the week and put a sign on the highway side inviting them home to South St. Paul.

Room Tip: Don't get me wrong, I stay there all the time but I wished they would do more!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Greetings Larry H.,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I'm glad you mentioned about doing more- I have been recently brought in by our new owners to help turn the hotel around. As you mentioned there is tons of potential and we are building off of it. We are very excited about our new Chef, Sean Cosgrove, who is working on a great menu for our guests and neighbors in South Saint Paul.

We hope that you will consider staying with us again and I look forward to meeting you on your next visit.

Should you have any questions about what is to come at the Clarion please feel free to email me directly at lcooper@globalvisionhotels.com.

Regards,
Lisa Marie

Travelers are raving about these South Saint Paul hotels

charlotte, nc
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

No ice, no hot tub, no bar or restaurant, furniture broken, ATM out of service, no hot water, rugs ripped, chair legs had been repaired, just waiting for the person in the chair to crash to the floor. I see on the reviews that the manager only responds with "canned responses" to every complaint. Curb appeal is ZERO!!!! Front windows filthy!!!

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Alex B, Manager at Clarion Hotel, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear lynnecharl0tte,
I'd like to start off by apologizing for your most recent stay. We have recently gone under new management and have already addressed multiple issues, including repairing both the ice machines and ATM. The hot water issue in your particular room has been fixed. I'm excited to share that our bar/restaurant is now open!
I have gone ahead and shared your comments with our general manager and we'll ensure that all remaining issues mentioned in your review are addressed properly and in a timely manor. I hope that you will give us another chance if you are ever in the area.

Alex B.

Been to Clarion Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Clarion Hotel

Address: 701 Concord Street South, South Saint Paul, MN 55075
Location: United States > Minnesota > South Saint Paul
Bar / Lounge Beverage Selection Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in South Saint Paul
Hotel Class:3 star — Clarion Hotel 3*
The Clarion South St. Paul Hotel & Conference Center is newly renovated including flat screen televisions and all new bedding. We offer free Wi-Fi,pool, hot tub, 24 hour business center and fitness center, and complimentary breakfast to all of our guests. We have approx. 9,000 Square feet of flexible meeting space, including a ball room that is great for weddings or special events. Our bar The Concord Bar and Grille is opened for business and our hotel is UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Choice Hotels, Orbitz, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Clarion Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Best Western South Saint Paul
South Saint Paul Best Western
South St Paul Hotel

If you own or manage Clarion Hotel, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.