“Be sure to know what you are getting” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Shakopee/Minneapolis

You added Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Shakopee/Minneapolis to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Shakopee/Minneapolis
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1244 Canterbury Road, Shakopee, MN 55379 (Formerly Lexington Inn & Suites-Shakopee/Minneapolis)   |
Hotel virtual tour
Special Offer
Stay 2+ Nights - Save 20%
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Shakopee
West Des Moines, Iowa
“Be sure to know what you are getting”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I had decided to stay here as I was in town for only one night for business and thought I would save some money and I feel that I should preface this by saying that I have traveled all over the US, Europe and central America and do not feel that I have a high standard when it comes to rooms and have stayed in both one star and five star hotels.

When entering the lobby and pool area in the center of the complex it is very nice and I feel that if this was all I had seen, I would have thought differently about the hotel, but upon getting to my room it was a very different story. The first room I was placed in was on the first floor and was a handicap accessible room. Upon entering I was taken a back at the thick odor of cigarette smoke, especially considering that the hotel is smoke free. The bed was a murphy bed that had had the springs removed so that it would not go up and the dresser was an old TV stand with the TV surround still attached, but with no TV. There was a microwave and refrigerator in the room and they were plugged into a socket that was hanging out of the wall by the wire. I looked on the patio of the room and on it was a single card table folding chair next to a small table. On the table was a glass ashtray full with over a pack of cigarettes worth of butts. With the stains on the carpet and bed, I didn’t even feel safe to put my luggage down and exited the room. I put it back in the car and headed for the front desk.

While driving back to the front desk I happen to look at several of the other decks and balconies and noticed that they had the screen doors wither broken off or ripped.

Upon reaching the lobby, I had to wait for the front desk attendant to get done talking with her boyfriend who had stopped by before I could tell them I needed a different room. I informed her of the state of the room and she did not apologize, but instead told me that sometime they forget to shut the sliding door and that was why it smelled like cigarette smoke. I informed her that I didn’t care and I needed a different room, to which she replied that she could upgrade me to a king room.

This room was on the second floor on the east side, so I got to walk by the nice pool again, I found the room across from the hole that had been banged into the wall. The room was a step up, but a very small one. I decided that it was not worth risk, especially considering I could hear the people in the room next to me yelling at each other, and decided to leave all together.

It’s worth it to spend the extra $15 a night and stay across the street.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Nice hotel, if a little worn. Rooms are very clean and the staff is friendly. Restaurants are within the hotel but you will pay for the convenience. Asked the clerk if the bed could be repaired or replaced due to the looseness of the frame and it was done promptly. Will come back.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We took the kids for a getaway and loved the pool and large breakfast. All staff were friendly and even though the room was dated it was clean. The restaurant connected was a nice plus. Going back when Valleyfair opens!

Room Tip: Seemed like many suites had a nice patio or balcony.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2015

It was so nice to be able to get away and relax with my family. The room was very comfortable and clean. The Staff was so friendly, i have never seen a business with so many happy nice employees, made us feel very welcome.
We have stayed at other America's Best Value's, this is the nicest by far.
I priced other hotels, holiday inn and the hampton inn, they just weren't in our familys budget. With what we saved, we got to spend on a nice meal.
Oh yes, i forgot, the breakfast is awesome as well, the kids loved the waffles .
Thanks again :)

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2015

We were here for the Amsoil Snowcross in January. From the outside the hotel looked great,close to the track, and food. 2 resturants attached to the property. We got a poolside room because we were traveling with our kids. 1st impression was the entrance door were people had gathered to smoke. Sign said 25' away from door but that wasn't happening..walked through a smoke bank that continued into the hallway. Carpet is old and worn, stained. Room looked decent on 1st look, but when we finally figured out there was no light switch and turned lights on next to bed we werent happy. Beds looked comfy and were, very..carpet worn, only chair in room stained so badly wouldnt even put clothes on it...CHAIN lock on door, havent seen that in years. Bathroom sink was updated shower was disgusting and the best for last no toilet paper roll. Thats right toilet paper was sitting behind you on the tank. One very small roll for a family of 4...laughable. Pool and hot tub area was great, breakfast was very nice. I recommend not staying near the pool area very loud and to the person who finally got the party stopped in the hallway at 1:00pm we thank you.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
Megan P, Front Office Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Shakopee/Minneapolis, responded to this review, March 3, 2015
I do apologize for your recent experience with us. I do however want to thank you for your feedback as we use it to improve our guest experience. We are in the process of finishing our remodeling which mainly focuses on the bathrooms. right how we are getting the new flooring put in as well as our new toilet paper holders. Our old toilet paper holders did not fit on the new granite countertops. as for the smoking outside we do try to get people to give the doorways distance, if you reported this to the front desk and we did nothing I do apologize for that. I am glad that you enjoyed parts of the hotel and our staff. I would love for you to come back to our property next time you are in the area to see the changes we have made.
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2015

Had a blast! This place is great! Staff is very friendly! They have a pool and whirlpool. The place was packed with people ready to ring in the new year. I highly recommend staying here. It was a nice close drive to Mystic Lake Casino. They are connected to Arizona's bar which was also very fun! They had a band playing that we thoroughly enjoyed dancing to.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Megan P, Front Office Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Shakopee/Minneapolis, responded to this review, January 30, 2015
I want to thank you for your positive feedback. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us, and the amenities we have to offer at our hotel! We are currently in the process of finishing our bathroom remodel over the next couple weeks. We would love for you to come and stay with us again next time you are in the area!
Iowa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2015

The rooms are very dirty. There was multiple places in the room where dust was visible. The shower head had mildew growing. There were also boogers on the walls. Absolutely disgusting. The breakfast was alright, but the cook was very friendly however. The people-great, room-not so much. I will definitely be finding a new hotel to stay at the next time we're in the area.

Room Tip: Rooms along the North are very bright throughout the night. Rooms along pool are also very hot.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
I want to thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback about your experience you had with us. I am happy to say that the issues you experienced are being addressed. We have recently ordered brand new shower heads as well as getting our bathtubs redone. We also are currently in the process of getting the new flooring done in our bathrooms. I am happy to hear you enjoyed our staff, and that they were helpful during your stay. Thank you for staying with us and we would love for you to stay with us next time you are in the area to see the changes we have made to our rooms!

Travelers are raving about these Shakopee hotels

Been to Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Shakopee/Minneapolis? Share your experiences!