“Treated rudely by security guard--he wanted to sniff my water bottle.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Valleyfair

Valleyfair
One Valleyfair Drive, Shakopee, MN 55379
952 445 7600
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 6 Attractions in Shakopee
Type: Amusement/ Theme Parks, Amusement Parks
Bloomington, mn
“Treated rudely by security guard--he wanted to sniff my water bottle.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2010

I guess this Paul Blart little rent-a-cop freak was attempting to assure no rogue guests were sneaking in outside beverages. Soooo, today, I was sitting on a bench in the amusement park with my family minding my own business, drinking water. This Valleyfair rent-a-copapproached and insisted I either allow him to stick his big nose in my personal water bottle,or dump all my water out--and it was a hot day! I needed my water. When I refused both his options he threatened to escort me out unless I complied and started radioing for back-up. Not wanting to ruin my kids' trip to this place, I complied with the little turd's request--let him put his nose in my water bottle. I hope he enjoyed it. I'm insulted and humiliated. Never going back!

Lincoln, Nebraska
“Nice!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2010

Very nice park. Not too big, not too small. We encountered short lines for the rides and concessions. My teenagers had fun at this park. Look at local businesses for reduced ticket prices, we saved over $12 a ticket.

Iowa
184 attraction reviews
“Fun day spent at Valleyfair”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2010

This past Sunday, our family made a day trip up to Valleyfair. It was myself, my husband, our three kids (7,7,6), and my parents.

We all had a great time! My husband, who loves roller coasters, rode Wild Thing and a few of the other big coasters. I don't like rides, but still had fun watching the IMAX movie (included in park admission), riding the train, and "driving" the antique cars.

Our kids had a blast. We spent a lot of time in the Foam Ball Factory, which is really neat. Two stories, with foam balls all over the place that you can shoot at people, or just put in the different gadgets to see how the work. We could hardly drag my 6 year old son out of the place. The kids also enjoyed all the kid rides, with their favorites being Rockin'Tugboat, Balloon ride, Mild Thing (kiddie coaster, must be under 54 " to ride), and the Mad Mouse ride.

We found the park to be very clean. The only time I saw any trash was in the ditches on the train ride. All the park employees were very friendly and helpful, and the ones working the kid rides seemed to be very good with kids. Most employees appeared to be high school or college kids, although there were a few older folks too.

Bathrooms--very clean, and never crowded. Plenty of bathrooms located through-out the park so you don't have to go searching for one.

Food--over-priced, and not the best. I had a funnel cake that was just okay, and fries from Fryar Tuck's that were over-done. A little container of fries plus cheese cost around $9. They did have excellent smoothies though at a place located near KidWorks.

Crowds--Non-existant, despite it being a hot and sunny day. I think maybe since it was so early in the season (May 23)? No waits for any rides, and the parking lot was over half empty when we left at 4:00.

Richfield, Minnesota
“Fun Place!!! Love Coming Here Every Time!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2010

I am a Valleyfair fanatic you could say! I went there 15 times with family and friends. I know the place by heart but it is totally worth going to if you live in Minnesota or are visting Minnesota.
I go alot with my Aunt and Uncle who bought me a pass as did they for themselves. We get sooo excited when we're driving to it! We love this place and have many memories from it.
They have AWESOME attractions for all ages. I took my neighbors to valleyfair giving them free parking with my pass. My neighbor has twin 6 1/2 girls! We left around 4 and had an awesom time. They have a humongus foam ball factory that we could have played in for the longest time.

The have some of the best rides to! My favorite are Steel Venom, Renegade, and the Extreme Swing!!!! Very Awesome rides.

The food is quite pricey there but it is definitly worth it! 1 thing that i do recamend is if you want water go to somewhere that sells fountin drinks you get it for free and in a big cup!

Have fun at Valleyfair Such a wonderful place to make memories!

United States
10 attraction reviews
“So much fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2010

I go to Valleyfair every year. It is so much fun with so much to do. There are rides and attractions for all ages.