“Emergency Room visit thanks to Super 8!” 1 of 5 stars

Super 8 Motel - Shakopee
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   581 South Marschall Road, Shakopee, MN 55379   |
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Shakopee
Bemidji, MN
“Emergency Room visit thanks to Super 8!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2008

I'm not sure i can find anything positive to say about this Super 8. I made a reservation with this Super 8 because i was participating in a walk - Walk Now for Autism that was being held in this particular town. I'd say we checked in around 5 p.m. Friday night. The room looked decent enough when we first got there. Then i took my 7-year-old son (who has autism, the reason we did the walk) swimming. He swam for 1-1/2 hours, not straight, he got in and out quite a few times. When we went back into the room it smelled as if something was burning or had burnt. I almost wondered if i should have had my boys breathing that smell in! I also had my 3-month-old son with. After being in the room for awhile the smell went away or we just got used to it.

I went into the bathroom and when i came out and shut the light off my skin actually stuck to the doorframe for a split second! Gross! I tried to let this go.

That night my son itched all through the night, almost to the point where it was waking me up and annoying me. The next morning we got up and out of there by 8:30 to make it to the walk. Now remember this is the ONLY reason we drove 10 hours round trip, $160 in gas and food, to walk 1 mile to support autism awareness for children like my son. My son was still itching and i lifted his shirt and his whole body was broke out in this HUGE hives. Needless to say we spent the next 3-1/2 hours in the emergency room!!! Staying at this hotel ruined my entire weekend! This cause was so important to me (autism awareness and raising money for research). I had raised almost $1000 for this walk. It was all ruined because this hotel did not pay enough attention to the chemicals in their pool and i do have the doctors' papers from the ER. I have e-mailed Super 8 twice and have received no response. They're not trying to make the situation better whatsoever.

If you have other options of staying in a different hotel, i would definitely take it.

• Liked — The location was right in town.
  • Disliked — The terrible control over the pool chemicals, the uncleanliness of the rooms.
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Winnipeg
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2008

We searched high and low for a hotel to accomodate our little Boston Terrier Dog this website said "Pets OK" we got there and half way through our stay the manager said No pets allowed we would have to pay an extra $30.00 I explained we had confirmed this pet friendly room twice and even looked this up for him on the website to prove my point. wow we drove 8 hours to find out the hotel didn't accept pets even when I showed him the website stating that he still made us pay the money. When we got home I went back on the website and it was suddenly changed to a no pet policy. I don't feel we should of paid the 30.00 unprofessional on his part. House keeping was poor and our room had a bad odor from the minute we walked in it almost made me sick.

• Liked — convient
  • Disliked — smell in room
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Super 8 Motel - Shakopee? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Super 8 Motel - Shakopee

Address: 581 South Marschall Road, Shakopee, MN 55379
Location: United States > Minnesota > Shakopee
Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Shakopee
Hotel Class:2 star — Super 8 Motel - Shakopee 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Super 8 Motel - Shakopee reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Super 8 Motel - Shakopee Hotel Shakopee
Shakopee Super Eight
Shakopee Super 8
Super 8 Shakopee
Super Eight Shakopee

If you own or manage Super 8 Motel - Shakopee, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.