“Management did not honor quoted room rate at check-in” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free High Speed Internet
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Shakopee
Daytona Beach
“Management did not honor quoted room rate at check-in”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2007

At time of check-in, management refused to honor the discounted group room rate quoted to me by reservations management at the time I made the confirmed reservation for two rooms. I was never told that the discounted group room rate was dependent upon them receiving enough reservations, nor did they ever contact me ahead of check-in date to advise of the change in rate. My husband checked in, not me, so I did not catch the discrepancy until the day of checkout, but the reservations manager refused to make the adjustment. Another customer observed at the time that the reservations manager was acting extremely rudely towards me. Further correspondence and attempts to receive credit for the overcharge were stressful and not successful. It's not a surprise that management's version was different --- their documented response changed from the credit card explanation to the Better Business Bureau description, but in reality they never disclosed the higher rate until it was too late for us to adjust our plans. Mediocre rooms and poor/non-existent customer relations at this place!

• Liked — Close to site of family event
  • Disliked — shower didn't operate correctly in 33% of rooms booked, extremely rude and belligerent management
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Minneapolis, MN
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2007

My husband and I are stationed in Minneapolis, MN with the US Army. He is currently on special duty. We had a weekend event for the American Legion in a neighboring town. I called the property directly and booked a room and gave the clerk my credit card to guarantee the reservation. Both my husband and I have traveled the world for nearly 30 years combined and are both experienced international travelers. Since the event we were attending that evening was going to last well into the night, I informed the clerk when I made the reservation of our intent to check in later than normal. My exact wording was, "I don't know when we will be in but we WILL be there." At 11:45 at night, we arrived tired and in uniform from the event, looking forward to a good nights rest for the impending events of the next day. We were told our room was given up along with our reservation at 9:00 am; almost 3 hours prior to our check in. Not only was our room given up there were apparently no other rooms available.

We WERE however, able to secure lodging at the Americ Inn Best Value Suites on the other side of Perkins. Not only was the clerk a WONDERFUL help, he also gave my husband and I a military discount; something that Travelodge does not offer. All this at Midnight.

The next day, I checked my bank balance and low and behold the Travelodge - Shakopee had charged my credit card in the amount of $76.64 for a room that we did not even occupy.

I have tried 3 times to get the property to reverse the charge and they will not.

So, while you are in Shakopee, if you feel like loosing $80.00 make a reservation for Travelodge.

• Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
san frenando, california
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2007

I booked a room in this motel because it was in a convenient location for me.
On getting there I was checked in quickly and easily and the staff was very helpful.
The room and breakfast were better than I had expected for the price and my stay was quite comfortable.
I will definitely be staying there again!!!

• Stayed March 2007, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
chicago, illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2007

The Travel Lodge in Shakopee Minnesota met all my expectations. After driving all through the night i was extremely exhausted! I go into the hotel and i am greeted by a friendly desk clerk! The desk clerk explained that the prices were very reasonable and that they would have a nice continental breakfast for my family and i in the morning, i was delighted! If i am ever in the minnesota area again i will definately visit the travel lodge!

Proctor, MN
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2006

My husband and I stayed at this motel on 12/21/06 because it was close to my son's apartment. Little did we know that we were going to have company that night. When we went to bed I noticed a small bug crawling up the sheet towards my husband's neck, so I killed it. The next morning we were both itching and when I pulled the sheets back, that's when we noticed all the bed bugs! Some of them were full of blood and there were huge blood spots under each of our pillows and also at the foot of the bed. After killing a couple of them, I put them on a kleenex and brought them out to the front desk to show them. I told the desk clerk that our bed had "bed bugs" and that we wanted a refund on our room. I also mentioned the blood spots on the sheets and told him that I didn't believe these were clean sheets. He denied that they were dirty sheets and did give us a refund, but we will never stay at that motel again!! The place also smelled real musty, but they were trying to disguise that smell by using some kind of cleaning products. When I found this motel on the internet, it stated that there was a whirlpool and sauna on the premises so that's why we decided to stay there. Not so. The desk clerk said that they used to have those years ago, but that space is now used as a storage room. told him he should update the internet then. While we were checking out I noticed there were 2 small children roaming the halls looking for the pool area also. This is false advertising and I don't believe they'll change a thing. This is how they draw their customers in! They'll just keep acting like they didn't know the site mentioned these amenities. We got no satisfaction from this motel and recommend you find another place to stay. When I got home I called and reported the bed bugs to the Environmental Health Dept to have them check into it and possibly shut down this motel. If you do stay there, good luck!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Bed Bugs
  • Tips/Secrets — Do not stay there!
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
north dakota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2006

Horrible hotel! The sink and shower leaked. So if you brushed your teeth you also washed your belly at the same time! Our fridge in the room has a nice collection of old ice cream in cups in the freezer part. The continental breakfast was some old donuts and watered down apple juice.

The floor we were on reaked something awful of marijuana. I swear I got high just walking down the hallway.

I will not ever stay here again!

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Smell of Marijuana in the hallway
  • Tips/Secrets — Yep, don't stay here.
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2006

I didn't think it would be that bad but ooo my gosh, there deluxe breakfast was a donut stand with horrible coffee, the shower was one giant pulsating thing, they didn't refill our toilete paper, and when i called they kept saying they would send some up but never did, we reserved a nonsmoking room but got one that obviously they just stuck a sign on it saying non smoking, rooms don't smell like that after only having one person smoke in them, and it was in the middle of the smoking section, i'm not a very picky person when it comes to hotels, but as far as i'm concerned you couldn't pay me to stay in that hotel again

• Stayed July 2006

Been to Travelodge Shakopee? Share your experiences!