“Disgusting!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Shakopee
Britton, South Dakota
“Disgusting!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

We stayed here a little over a week ago. We had gotten two rooms. The one on the second floor was acceptable. The one on the main floor was disgusting. This is what we got for $156.00. Mold on the walls, a dehumidifier running all night, torn lamp shades, dust all over, no working TV. When asked about the TV the manager went to the room and tried to fix it. Couldn't do so and called the owners. They said to give us another room. Of course not one available! They then said we would get a credit of some sort for the inconvenience. That credit was $10.00! I

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Shakopee, MN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

We had to stay here due to our home wasn't ready for us to move it to yet. The 2nd night there, the front desk lady knocked on the door and said she had a problem. That water was leaking from our bathroom tub to the room downstairs and that I shouldn't give my kids a bath together, 2 or the 3 kids were next to me and one in the shower. I advised her there must be a leak. We never had room service, even thou the front desk claimed they were there every other day & house keeping signed off on it. One day I cleaned the room myself and asked housekeeping for clean sheets and towels. Few days later, I asked for the toilet to be cleaned because, it had mold in it, shouldn't happen if housekeeping is there every other day. The owner is very friendly and helpful but, her front desk help weren't so helpful. Rooms are clean but, need updating. Things in room do need to be repaired bar with hangers and the vanity light wouldn't come on unless you tapped on the lights themselves.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Marietta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

The hotel itself was ok, standard lower price hotel, relatively clean, no real problems. However, if your business isn't paying for the stay, you stay in these places to save money. Some hotels have what I consider a scam by putting a $1.50 a day safe fee on the bill hoping people don't notice. You know, that box that sits in the corner that no one uses. (Days inn used to do this, but thankfully stopped). All of the hotels I have stayed in till this one take if off no problem (IF YOU NOTICE IT), but I have never seen anyone try so hard to keep that safe fee then these guys! I assume they were assuming I was stupid becuase when I checked out and asked the lady at the desk to take it off, she again replied "it will show a credit on your credit card". I told her, you didn't do anything (she just said it without doing anything). She then repeated that and I told her, how is it supposed to come off if you didn't do anything to take it off. She replied, I will change it later (and she didn't write anything down which means she wasnt going to do jack, and then hope I just forgot about it when the credit did not appear). Luckily, I was passing by on my way back to the airport later so I stopped back in and the next lady at least pretended to do something at the keyboard. I asked her to print out the bill showing the credit, she printied it, and it was exactly the same as the first one (safe fee intact). I pointed this out, and she replied that it was off, the extra was the tax. So I pointed out that there was no sign of a credit and the tax is clearly a sepearte line item. She hmm'ed and Haaa'ed, so I took a calculater and showed her. Finally I guess she realized that she wasn't going to keep the scam fee so she gave me the money in cash. Come on people, if you want more money, charge a little more for the room, don't play the "lets sneak junk fees on the bill and hope the people don't notices" game.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Been to Travelodge Shakopee? Share your experiences!