“Excellent Place to Stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Now and Save 15%
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Shakopee
A TripAdvisor Member
“Excellent Place to Stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Minneapolis/Shokapee MN area. The facility is clean and well-kept. More importantly, the staff are very friendly and helpful. They bent over backwards to help my wife with a relatively small problem. The staff are what make a hotel and the staff at this hotel make it a great hotel!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

HamptonInnShakopee, Owner at Hampton Inn Minneapolis/Shakopee, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Many thanks for your kind words. They affirm the work our men and women do each day and we are most grateful. I will share them with each staff member tomorrow morning. Looking forward to your return. Best Wishes................. Van Larson, Owner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Naperville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

The quality of the rooms and the friendliness of the staff makes this a hotel you will want to stay at again. The indoor water park is a great incentive. I will stay again. Make sure you bring your swimming apparel when staying at this hotel. You will definitely want to take advantage of the water park whatever your age.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

HamptonInnShakopee, Owner at Hampton Inn Minneapolis/Shakopee, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Many thanks for the kind words. We stand ready to serve you when your travels again bring you to Shakopee, MN. Van Larson
Silver Bay, Minnesota, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

My family and I stayed here a few nights ago after a day out at Valley Fair. We had been on the road for a week, traveling from the northern part of the state where we live, to the Twin Cities, then to Rochester, then back to the Twin Cities and then back home up north. So during this week on the road, we stayed at several hotels, with this Hampton Inn being the last one.

The rooms are very clean. Spotless actually. Nothing smelled of cigarettes and the rooms were very sound proof. We didn't hear a neighbor during our entire stay, which is remarkable, since the hotel was 100% fully booked then night we were there.

The wifi worked fast and there was hot tea and coffee available right by the front desk in the lobby, which was wonderful since I had missed having my morning cup of tea before I left the room the morning we were checking out.

The price is what kept this hotel from being a 5 star. If you can get the room at a discount, it's a 5 star hotel. When I first went to reserve a room (for a Wednesday night), it was almost $169! This wasn't for a suite either, just a basic room with 2 queen beds. That's pretty steep for a Wednesday night, not anywhere close to a holiday of any kind. Then I found they provided a discount for state government employees (which my husband is), and it made the room significantly more affordable. About $50 more affordable.

We had just stayed at a Hampton Inn in Minneapolis just a few nights prior and with no discount at all it was the same price as this Hampton Inn was with the government discount. The rooms were almost clones of one another, with the only difference being the price.

So if you can get a room in this hotel at a typical Hampton Inn rate, or qualify for one of the discounted rates, this is a 5 star hotel. But the rooms aren't so amazing that they are worth $169 a night.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the very nice review....especially your comments on our cleanliness.
It is 3:50PM on a Friday afternoon, as I write this, and all our housekeepers are up cleaning rooms. I will share your comments with them. It will make their day. Hope to see you again in Shakopee!
Van Larson
Omaha,Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Our family stayed on a recent friday evening to take in the horse racing at nearby Canterbury Park. Hotel was nice and clean. Rooms were quite and comfortable. We had a 2 queen bed studio suite that had LOTS of extra room. Breakfast selection was great and well attended to by the staff. Have stayed at most all of the lodging in the Shakopee area, and this is by far the best.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
HamptonInnShakopee, Owner at Hampton Inn Minneapolis/Shakopee, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Jerry B. Many thanks for the kind words. They are an affirmation of the work we do. Safe travels to you and yours and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hampton Inn Hotel Shakopee, MN. Van Larson
Fosston, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

Great hotel, very clean, close to mystic lake and Canterbury park, room was great breakfast was great. After we checked out I got a charge on my Amex for $50, I called and the manager to me the rate that they gave me was too low, so she charged me another $50 after I had already stayed there. Are you kidding me??? Called Hilton and they took care of that right away.

• Stayed September 2012
HamptonInnShakopee, Manager at Hampton Inn Minneapolis/Shakopee, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay but I am not happy to hear that you had issues after check out. I have been trying to locate your reservation for follow up but cannot find it. Would you be able to contact us at the hotel and provide us with more information? 952.641.3600

Thank you!

The Hampton Inn Shakopee
North Sioux City, South Dakota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

I travel alot with my family and we always stay with the Hampton Brand. Our rooms were gorgeous, clean and welcoming. I highly recommend this hotel for all who travel through with families or alone. The guest service agents were friendly, professional and saw that all of my family's needs and requests were met and exceeded. Way to go team Hampton!

Room Tip: Family friendly hotel
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
WOW! Thank you for the review and for taking the time to share it. The staff here at Hampton thrive for this kind of response and I will be sharing it with them. Please come and see us next time you are in our area!
Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

We stayed one night in a 2 Queen room to attend a local event. The hotel was conveniently located, and (most importantly) quiet and clean. We heard no highway noise and no noise from adjacent rooms. Staff was polite and efficient. Can't ask for anything more than that!

The free wifi was quick and easy. Again, just as expected.

Breakfast was serviceable. Nothing special, but it was well presented and checked all the boxes.

If we had reason to stay in the area again, we would definitely consider this property.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel! I will share your words with our staff. We hope to see you if you find yourself in our area again!

Been to Hampton Inn Minneapolis/Shakopee? Share your experiences!