“Clean and modern.....” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Shakopee
Columbus, Georgia
“Clean and modern.....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

The guy on reception was very friendly which is always nice. I had requested a crib and he told me to call down if one wasn't already in the room. It wasn't so I called down, only to have to call an hour later as it hadn't materialized. He brought it up himself. The beds were comfortable and the heating was quiet, which is a bonus!

The bathroom was small as was the closet but we were only there for one night so it wasn't a problem.

Breakfast area was clean and modern. The food on offer was typical breakfast buffet fare, nothing special.

I thought I may have left something in the room and called the day we checked out... 7 days later I am still waiting for a call back from housekeeping!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
HamptonInnShakopee, General Manager at Hampton Inn Minneapolis/Shakopee, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Hello!

Thank you so much for your review! We always welcome the input from our guests and I am glad to hear you had a good experience with our front desk staff.

I am hoping to help you with your lost and found issue as well. Could you please contact me directly? That way I can make sure we accurately check on your belongings. 952.641.3604 is my direct line.

Thank you again for staying with us! We love having you here!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Pembroke Pines, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Comfortable bed, spacious bathroom, but small closet which is okay for short stays. NO luggage rack which should be provided for convenience. They do provide an iron and a full size ironing board. The lobby/breakfast area is nice. Coffee, tea, and hot chocolate are available 24/7 at the lobby. Complimentary breakfast is provided but it's just okay, good variety but not great quality. The gym has cardio equipment as do most hotels but it also has dumbbells and an indoor pool which was a nice surprise. This hotel does not have a bar or restaurant but there is a Ruby Tuesday across the parking lot about 100 feet away from the side of the hotel. There is a CVS less than a block away. I stayed here a couple of times and I would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review! I am happy to hear you had a good stay with us! I will be checking with housekeeping to make sure there is a luggage rack in every room as well as speaking with the team to discuss ways to improve the quality of our breakfast selection.

Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon!
Augusta, KS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

When I read the other reviews complaining of the noise, I thought they were people who always find an issue with their hotel. Well they were right. The highway noise is noticeable. As is the noise from other rooms next to you and above you and the hallway.

Nice hotel. Clean. Modern. Staff is great and friendly. Breakfast could be better. I prefer the breakfast at Holiday Inn Express. The breakfast issue is a Hampton Inn issue, not just this particular hotel.

Fitness room could use a weight machine, but it is nicely equipped.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review! We are always happy to hear what our guests have to say! I am also happy that you brought up the breakfast selection. I am excited to say that we are currently testing new food products in our breakfast area such as Yukon Gold and Red potatoes, Turkey sausages and more! We hope to have the new products as a permanent selection sometime this year!

Thank you again for staying with us! Come back soon!
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I stayed here for a quick night away from home. The staff all went out of their way and were the nicest people out there. The rooms are new, nice and spotless. The breakfast was great and the free newspaper is always a plus.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments about our hotel! We are very happy to hear that you had such a great stay! We hope to see you again soon!
minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Stayed here for snowcross. The room was clean and quiet. Good hotel. No complaints. There is no restaurant on site but a Ruby Tuesdays across the parking lot. They have a breakfast area that was adequate. Would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
HamptonInnShakopee, Manager at Hampton Inn Minneapolis/Shakopee, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Thank you for your review of our property! We are happy hear you were satisfied with your stay and we look forward to seeing you again next year for SnowCross!

The Hampton Team
Saint Paul, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Check-in was easy, and the staff quite friendly and helpful. We had one of the rooms that our son and future daughter-in-law had reserved for their October wedding. Our top floor king bed room was clean, and the bed and pillows were very comfortable. A good portion of the TV channels were actually being provided in HD, so the HDTV was being utilized as designed. The HVAC adjustable thermostat is on the wall near the center of the room, which helped to maintain a comfortable regulated room temperature. The only drawback, was that our room faced north, toward Highway 169, so the freeway traffic interrupted my sleep several times thoughout the night. So I would have rated the sleep quality at 4, instead of 3, if we didn't face and hear the traffic noise.

Dining and shopping options, some within short walking distance, are very close by. This location is also very close to Canterbury Downs horse track; and Valleyfair amusement park and Mystic Lake Casino located just a few miles away.

A hot breakfast is included with your stay and they have fairly good coffee. Their food selection is similar to most hotels offering hot breakfast food.

We would certainly lodge here again if the need arises.

Room Tip: For a quieter room facing away from freeway traffic, ask for a room facing the entrance side (south...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Leavenworth, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Recently stayed one night for a wedding. It appears to be a fairly new hotel and was very nice. Everything was in great condition and the staff were very pleasant. Thye pool area is a little small for the kids but we weren't there long. The breakfast area was very nice and the food was great. I would definately stay there again. The only thing that surprised me was when we all returned home my son-in-law realized he had left his phone in his room. They were great about overnighting it to thier house but I thought the $31.00 charge to do that was high. But then it's been awhile since I shipped that way.

Room Tip: I was in many rooms since there was a group of us staying and they were all great. The regular room...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Hotel_Man_Mpls, General Manager at Hampton Inn Minneapolis/Shakopee, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Thank you for your comments. I will pass on your compliments to the staff. We are very glad that you enjoyed the breakfast and the interaction with the great staff! Sorry you were disappointed with the fed ex charge to overnight your phone. Fedex charged you directly so we have no say in their pricing. But I am glad it arrived the next day as you requested. Thank you again and we look forward to having you as a guest in the future.

Been to Hampton Inn Minneapolis/Shakopee? Share your experiences!