“There are better” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn

You added Quality Inn to your Saves list
Quality Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4601 W. Hwy 13, Savage, MN 55378 (Formerly Comfort Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Savage
Dallas, TX
“There are better”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

This hotel is in a questionable area and is questionable itself. It smells a bit funky, the rooms are small and feel dirty. They have NO ELEVATOR as well, which would have been nice to know before having to lug 50lbs of luggage up 3 flights of stairs.

THe staff was great but the hotel needs more than good staff to make it worth a stay. Avoid this hotel and this area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Staff was so friendly n helpful. Best beds we have ever slept on in a hotel. Great price n location. The only issue we had was the parking stalls are somewhat small n its hard to get out of your vehicle. We will stay here again:)

• Stayed August 2013
Grand Forks, North Dakota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Stayed two nights in two different rooms.The first room was a bad experience. The room had a horrible smell. Had to buy an air freshener for it. The fitted sheet was clean but worn enough to see stained mattress pad beneath. The sink faucet only had hot water. Unexpectedly needed to stay a second night. Was able to get a bigger room and it was like a completely different hotel, no smell and clean. They also allowed us to extend the checkout time due to our situation.They offer a shuttle service to local attractions (some are many miles away) for a very reasonable fee. If all rooms were updated like the second one, it could be a good hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Aberdeen, South Dakota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

The lady at the desk was friendly, but service was slow. All of the rooms we had smelled like mold. One had pet waste behind the TV. Two of the rooms were at garden level, and had bugs crawling in from the crack between the Air conditioner and the wall. The water temp would change drastically when the other room would flush or turn on their water. It wasn't safe for my kids to shower due to the extreme temp of the water. Road noise was bad in the rooms as well from trains and semi trucks.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

First room we were given had a nonstop barking dog next door. When we complained multi times they kept telling us no other rooms available. Finally fixed fan in another room and moved us. Next room smelled so strongly of cherry air freshener it made me ill. They would not move us and would not refund money so we had to sleep there. Next morning when we woke up freshener had disapated and whole room smelled of dog pee. Very bad experience with a motel,worst i can remember.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Sabeena R, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Dear Bunny,
Thank you for taking time to comment regarding your stay at our hotel and allow me to apologize on behalf our hotel for failing to meet your expectations.

We accommodate many guests each evening and we strive to make their stay a satisfying one.
The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all our guests, consequently, its disappointing to learn that you are unhappy.

Please accept my apology.

Be assured that the issues you had have been addressed and the appropriate action has been taken.

Again, I want to thank you for taking time to share your concerns with us.

Management
Clearwater, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Stayed at quality in and I liked the location. It was really good for me for travel wise. The room was neat and clean and for the price I paid I would say it was worth it. If I was traveling again or my friends were traveling I would recommed it and go stay there again.

Room Tip: try to get a corner room so that you have more privacy.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

I slept OK but will try another hotel in the area before staying here again.

Specific problems:
Window A/C could not be turned off (unless you pulled the cord out of the wall). The "Off" setting didn't work.
Nightstand clock worked but alarm didn't
Shower control was random -- just went around and around and you had to figure out where the hot and cold settings actually were.
Gave me someone else's receipt when I checked out. My fault for not noticing it, I suppose, but it meant that they got away with charging me $1.50 for a room safe which I did not use (and I don't believe actually existed in my room -- I certainly never saw it so it was sure hidden if it was in there somewhere).
For the price, I expected to have a refrigerator and microwave in my room, but there was neither (in fairness, though, I don't believe it was advertised that there would be -- I just expected there to be for hotels in this price range).
I asked for advice on how to get to MSP airport and the front desk clerk failed to tell me that there was a detour on the route. Not a huge deal because she had told me to leave early enough that I still caught my plane on time but it was something that I'd consider important enough to mention to your guest.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Savage
LivINN Hotel Minneapolis South / Burnsville
Days Inn Bloomington
Days Inn Bloomington
#37 of 39 in Bloomington
3.0 of 5 stars 506 reviews

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!