“Don't do it. This place was a dive.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn

Save Saved
You added Quality Inn to your Saves list
Quality Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4601 West State Route 13, Savage, MN 55378 (Formerly Comfort Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Savage
Kitchener, Canada
“Don't do it. This place was a dive.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Had a hard time trying to find accommodation in Minneapolis near the mall of America. This place came up. Thought it would be a chain, so couldn't be too bad. Wrong. Room smelled of air freshener to the point of gagging. Dirty room - wallpaper bubbling off walls in bathroom, just generally looking tired and dated. Little attention to detail. Tap broken, safe didn't work, no ironing board (back ordered) broken bed, old linens and to top it off, blood on the ceiling. Asked for a different room and was told only thing avail was third floor walk up. Restaurants in area closed by 10. Bed was soft. Tap was broken and hot-cold were reversed. Had to fun just the right spot to try and stop the water. Parking lot was so full that it was difficult to find a parking space and all pertains parking seemed reckless. We actually saw one driver hit another car and just drive away. A/c shut off in the middle of the night. Breakfast. don't even ask. I can't believe we stayed - didnt want to be out our money as it was not going to be refunded. I think that Choice Hotels should re-evaluate some of their affiliates. i actually have some other Choice Hotel bookings next week that I will be cancelling because of how disgusting this is. Just can't wait to get out of here.

• Stayed July 2013

83 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Rock Island, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

When I checked in I really did not care what room I had, but when I was told how to get there I realized that there was no elevator to get there. Room was ok, but had to ask for fridge because I was staying 2 nights and was told I could not get one unless I was staying more than one night. the next day I had to ask for more towels because I had none, even though I hung mine on the shower rod so I didn't have to ask, but I did. May not stay here again. even thought the some of the staff was nice, but not all of them were. the housekeeping staff was good at keeping the rooms clean, but never said anything about not replacing my towels.

Room Tip: would not recomend
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Apple Valley, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

We stayed at this hotel and had a fantastic experience.The front desk staff was very freindly and helpfull. The room are very comfortable and clean for a very good price.We had breakfast in the morning and they had good variety oif items. We will definitely return to this location if we in this area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Iowa City, Iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

I agree with everything negative posted by others on this forum. This hotel smells of cigarette smoke and some other offensive smell. Reception ladies were nice but one had to finish eating her pizza and talking on phone before even noticing us. The sheets had old stains and were not properly fitted to the nasty old mattress! The power was out for one night after a storm and they still allowed us to stay. Unfortunately, without air conditioning, the smells were unbearable not to mention that the windows were so moldy and screens so full of holes, we could not open the windows! For myself and three kids, it was a nightmare!

Room Tip: Do not go here!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
fairfax, iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

We stayed for two nights. Had rooms side by side #223 and 219. Air stopped working, shower had no hot water for a full afternoon. Felt like there are more residents at this hotels than guests. Breakfast ran out of food so kids ate cold cereal. Called Choice hotels and they credited us for one night and spoke with the supposed owner. Not positive, but regardless claimed I was blackmailing him??? No just didn't expect to stay in a dirty nasty and as another guest who was smart enough to leave said, "cat pee smelling room." PLEASE AVOID THIS PLACE!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh, forgot to mention the police than had to remove a resident from the second floor and the large dog that tried jumping on my daughter.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
fergus falls
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

ROom stunk very badly from some type of cleaner .Asked for s different ROom And the lady at front desk said they were full except for suites then told me she could not upgrade me to that until she spoke with owner .She called ROom later and told me he would not upgrade to suite unless I paid diff .Owner should go sleep in room 307 and tell me how he likes that ROom will never spend another dime there in need of complete make over or demolition for a decent motel Slept with window open all night and got to listen to heavy traffic for most of night .

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Sabeena R, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Dear Jeff,
Thank you for the time it took for you to write your comments about your stay at our Quality Inn hotel in Savage,Minnesota. Your feedback is very important to us and we have addressed every issue you have mention. We have renovated each room, we want every guest to have a enjoyable experience at our hotel.

We hope you will give us another chance to provide you with a pleasant accommodations and service the next time you are in town.

kind regards,
management
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

My stay was everything I expected from a hotel called Quality Inn .
I gave mostly a thumbs up for this hotel . My stay was peaceful and I had no issue's everyone was most wonderful I felt safe and secure. The room wad great the beds were super soft and I slept very well wall's are thick. Location was perfect we were able to choose from several different restaurants and had a great meal . Afterwards we went to a place called Nielsen's we had a great time great bar with great entertainment.

• Stayed April 2013

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!