“BBQ in plastic bags.” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #35 of 50 Restaurants in Savage
Phoenix, Arizona
“BBQ in plastic bags.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

My wife and I both got the BBQ half racks. I was put off when the server took the ribs out of a sealed bag. It wasn't fresh. The BBQ sauce is so thin it doesn't stick to your fingers. Why bother eating here when you can eat at a good BBQ restaurant.

• Visited July 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“They need a new scale”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

I was really excited to have a barbecue joint in town but I must say, I'm disappointed. I've been there 4 times now...twice to eat in, twice for take out.

When eating in the first time I ordered the pulled pork sandwich. The meat looked very tender and had a great smoke ring, but to make it "pulled", they took chunks of pork and mushed it up with their gloved hands! This is NOT how you pull pork! What should have had a great texture with loose meat pulled from the pork butt with forks to create string-like fibers of pork had instead been given a very mushy, texture that actually felt nasty as it was eaten. This is a major faux pas for barbecue. The second time I was there I ordered it again, but stopped them from mushing it up and had them leave it as chunks. This was much better I sure got a strange look with that request.

My wife ordered the sliced brisket and it was pretty darn good, but we both thought it was sliced too thick. It was more like slabs than slices.

The chicken is really odd here. Instead of being barbecued chicken, it comes as "savory, italian marinated chicken". Not only does the flavor seem out of place, but the chicken we were served was very mushy.

Of the sides we tried, we really liked the baked potato casserole! I'll always be getting that. The green beans and bacon is watery and flavorless. The barbecue beans are better than canned but not as good as most barbecue joints. They're also too sweet. Our kids really liked the mac & cheese.

When we order take out, we order meat by the pound and buy buns separately. Both times we've done this, we've been shorted on the meats. I have a postal scale at home and on a whim, I decided to weigh the meat and on the 8 oz orders, our orders have come in between 6.5 and 7.5 ounces. On the 16 ounce orders the meat has weighed in at 13.8 to 15 ounces. I don't know about you, but I expect to get what I paid for. We have one more Groupon to use with this place and then we're done. We won't be going back after that!

Visited March 2014