“Comfortable Beds, Great Service!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn St. Paul-I94-East (3M Area)

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn St. Paul-I94-East (3M Area) to your Saves list
Holiday Inn St. Paul-I94-East (3M Area)
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2201 Burns Ave, I-94 & McKnight, Saint Paul, MN 55119   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Saint Paul
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
“Comfortable Beds, Great Service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Stayed here on business. Check in is quick and easy and parking is plentiful. Room are clean and quiet with a refrigerator, ample desk room, and bathroom amenities (coffee pot hair dryer, shampoo, conditioner etc.). The beds are very comfortable and you have your choice of firm vs. soft pillows. The lobby is clean, with coffee available, and there is a restaurant on site, with a bar. Did not use meeting rooms. The service here is excellent as people make the place. Location is great with access to many eating venues & sights downtown St. Paul, and Woodbury eateries. If want to stay in, the restaurant has ample eating choices from their menu as well. If you don't have a car, there is a hotel shuttle.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Paul H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn St. Paul-I94-East (3M Area), responded to this review, July 26, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. Our staff is very pleased that you enjoyed our many amenities and services that we have to offer. From the restaurant, to the shuttle service, we are thrilled that your stay was a great one! Our housekeeping department works very hard to ensure a clean and comfortable environment, and we are glad that you felt that the cleanliness was up to your standards!
Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the St. Paul area!

Guest Service Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Mishawaka, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

The hotel is very convenient, right off I-94 and is in a decent location. There aren't too many restaurants in the area, but there are a few. The hotel does have an adequate restaurant on-site, so that is not a huge issue. The rooms were comfortable and updated and the lobby was clean and inviting. No complaints at all.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Paul H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn St. Paul-I94-East (3M Area), responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for you kind words about our hotel. We get a lot of business travelers in the area, and we are glad that we can make your experience relaxing and enjoyable. We do only have a limited amount of restaurants in the area, so it is our goal to make sure our restaurant can provide great food and service for our guests, and we are glad that you enjoyed your experience.
Once again, thank you for your review of our hotel. We look forward to seeing you again when you are in the St Paul area!

Jackson, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

I visited the hotel during the recent CTAA conference and found that the staff was amenable as well as helpful to assisting me with my travel needs. The stafff assisted me in getting to the River Center as well as places of interest. A special thanks goes to the young man (Arrick) who not only provided me with directons but arranged airport travel so that I wouldnt miss my 7:00 am flight. I would stay again at this location because of the great customer service and the staff willigness to please. Kudos to the manager for hiring and assuring top notch customer service.

Arrick is a top notch employee and should be commended for his personal service.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We are glad you enjoyed your experience while staying here for your conference. We know how traveling can be tough on guests, so we like to make it as easy as possible for you to make travel arrangements to the airport. We also take pride in providing shuttle to destinations, including downtown, and we are glad that you enjoyed this service!
Once again, thank you for your kinds words, and we look forward to seeing you when you are back in the St Paul area!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

My co-worker and I recently attended a national transit association conference in St Paul Minnesota. I've traveled all over the world and found their staff as responsive to our needs as any 5 Star hotel that I've ever stayed in. Paul the manager was excellent, but my fav girl was Carlee, just the best for helping us get to and from the River Center convention complex, as well as making sure we had everything we needed in our rooms.

They always greeted us when we came down for a workout or to grab dinner, with lot's of great recommendations for the local sites & places to eat. I would highly recommend to anyone traveling to the twin cities, to stay with the great folks at Holiday Inn East off of I-94 near the 3M HQ.

Five Stars for everything.,..!!!!!!

Room Tip: I would pick a room on the entrance side of the hotel, there's lots of landscaping and beautifu...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Paul H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn St. Paul-I94-East (3M Area), responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind words about our hotel. It is our goal to give our guests a great experience, and we are glad that you enjoyed yours. We have shared your comments with management and staff and everyone is thrilled that we were able to satisfy another guest! We look forward to seeing you again when you are in the St Paul area!

Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

I stayed here with my girlfriend on a Friday and Saturday night during our trip to Minneapolis-St. Paul to watch the Anaheim Ducks versus the Minnesota Wild at Xcel Energy Center. This Holiday Inn is located right next to the I-94 freeway, so it was easy to find from the airport, and we were able to take a free shuttle to and from the game.

Our room on the fifth floor was clean and comfortable, which is all we really needed, but it could have been better. We couldn't hear any noise from the freeway, even though our room was facing it, but we did hear the neighbor's television, which was either very loud, or the walls need more insulation.

The bathroom has a low ceiling and no fan, so the mirror got really fogged the first morning. The second morning I left the bathroom door open and found the room's window was fogged up. I also found that the toilet's water flow was very weak, and was honestly afraid I'd clog it up if I used too much paper.

There was no alcove or cabinet in the room for the coffee maker, so this was standing on the bathroom counter. But the bathroom has only one outlet, so you have to move the coffee maker across the counter and next to the sink to plug it in, and then unplug it and move it back when you're done with it.

Breakfast was included with our room, and this is served on the first floor. The buffet had a good selection of items, including eggs, potatoes, bacon, sausage patties, bread, donuts, danishes, pancakes, French toast, and various types of cereal. There was even a batter dispenser and waffle maker, which my girlfriend used to make herself a fresh waffle on the morning we checked out.

There's a bar next to the breakfast room, which we found packed late Saturday night when we came back from the game. There were people in there singing karaoke.

On the level below the lobby is a laundry room, a large indoor pool room with a pool, spa, tables and chairs, a game room, and a workout room.

On the morning we checked out we received a wake-up call that we didn't ask for, and an hour later another call from the lobby letting us know that a town car we knew nothing about was ready. Oh, well, mistakes happen. It was a pleasant enough stay, and I'd spend the night here again if the occasion arose.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Paul H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn St. Paul-I94-East (3M Area), responded to this review, June 8, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. We value guests' opinions, and I am glad that you were able to share yours.
I am glad that you found your room to be clean and comfortable. Also, I am glad you enjoyed the location and our shuttle. We take pride in offering these services to our guests, and I am glad that you were able to enjoy them. Also, I am pleased that you enjoyed your breakfast in the morning. It is our goal for everyone who goes to our restaurant to have a good breakfast to get the day started.
I apologize for the issues that you had with the room. We want all of our guests to have a quiet experience, and I am sorry that the TV was too loud in the room next door. I also apologize for the unwanted wake up call and other phone call. This was a mix up at our front desk, and I apologize that you were bothered. I will be discussing this incident with the front desk to ensure that it doesn't happen again.
I have reviewed your suggestions for our rooms, and will be sharing these with our management staff to see how we can improve these issues. I appreciate you bringing them up in this review!
Once again, thank you for taking the time to write the review. We look forward to serving you again when you are in the St Paul area!

Syracuse
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

Clean and spacious rooms. Better than expected based on other tripadvisor reviews. Nice little touches like elephant shaped towels. Breakfast buffet was ok. Staff gave a good recommendation for dinner and even printed out directions. Staff called back the shuttle after I just missed it. Would stay again.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Paul H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn St. Paul-I94-East (3M Area), responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel! Our staff appreciates your kind words about our hotel. We are thrilled that you enjoyed the elephant towels! Also, it is great that you enjoyed our front desk staff, and that they could help you with your needs. Please feel free to stop back in anytime you're in the St. Paul area!

Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

This is a Holiday Inn, nothing special. The staff is kind. The front desk staff is very friendly and service-minded. Rooms are big, clean, perfect for a business trip, 5 minutes from 3M's HQ. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Don’t pic a room facing the freeway, if you can
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guests,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel! We are very glad that you overall enjoyed your stay! Being so close to 3M, we want to make sure to take care of our 3M guests, and we are thrilled that you enjoyed your experience. I will be sharing these comments with our staff throughout the hotel. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in town with 3M!

Guest Service Manager

Been to Holiday Inn St. Paul-I94-East (3M Area)? Share your experiences!