“Nice hotel on east side of St. Paul” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn St. Paul-I94-East (3M Area)

You added Holiday Inn St. Paul-I94-East (3M Area) to your Saves list
Holiday Inn St. Paul-I94-East (3M Area)
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2201 Burns Ave, I-94 & McKnight, Saint Paul, MN 55119   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Saint Paul
Madison, Wisconsin
“Nice hotel on east side of St. Paul”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

This is the second time we have stayed at this hotel on a visit to St. Paul. If you have a PriorityClub membership with Holiday Inns, they expedite your check-in and we also were able to get in our room early. As this is a large hotel, they don't have complimentary breakfast, but the restaurant within the hotel has a very reasonably priced breakfast buffet every morning. We found that very convenient with good food options.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Thunder Bay, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

Check-in was a breeze, staff was very pleasant. Room was clean, seemed to be well kept. They had a work out room but was too tired coming all from Thunder Bay so I went for a quick swim instead the pool was small but clean and it also seemed to have the right amount of chlorine unlike some pools. I found it quiet and quite comfortable here. It costs about $120 to stay a night on the weekend and as low as $80 if you stay multiple nights booking through a travel site.

Room Tip: Giving a $10-$20 dollar tip to the person checking you in has lead to me getting extremely nice room...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Beaver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

I recently stayed here for two evenings after having to alter travel plans last minute. The check in process was smooth sailing, even though the front desk computers were being somewhat cranky. Tammy, the young lady who got me checked in was apologetic and beyond welcoming even though the check in was hampered by the computers locking up on her. Regardless, it wasn't an issue and her personality made up for the extra few minutes.

My room, on the 4th floor (409) as clean and comfy. The king size bed was neither to hard or soft. The room, bathroom, and hallway area was clean. No issues at all.

The workout room was small, but nicely equipped and clean. While I didn't use the pool or hot tub, the area was nice and would be good for families with little ones. I also noticed an old throwback video game room with pool table near the pool area. Again, cool for kids.

I visited the bar the first evening I was there and it was pretty decent. It was well stocked with a good selection of drafts and bottled beers, as well as a fully stocked bar. The bar tender, whose name was Darling, was super nice and helped some of us travelers get a better idea of what life is like living in the Twin Cities.

The hotel was nice and I'd go back the next time I'm in the area. The people who I encountered at this facility were exceptional, especially Tammy at the front desk and Darling in the bar.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
New Berlin, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

Room was clean and had been somewhat renovated. The brown color scheme was a little depressing. Had weird pillows. No ice machine on second floor, had to call desk and ask where there was one(third and above) third floor ice machine did not work, so I needed to take the elevator(again) to the 4th floor. Hotel was pretty quiet on the weekend.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012 via mobile

Its a no brainer where most of the cliental is derived from, 3M is a stone throw away. It appears that several people where with large groups because there seemed to be a link between them. There was a mixture of families staying in the hotel. The service was excellent especially the shuttle. The driver was knowledgeable about the city and took us to our varied destinations.The only thing that perplexed me, is when I asked for a shoe horn at the front desk, none was avaiable. The pluses outweighed the minuses. Their breakfeast buffet was not up to par. Limited selection, however there is a wealth of first class dining establishments within driving range of the hotel. Would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2012
Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

Older well maintained hotel. Staff was great! I had a conference room for two days, and received several large heavy UPS shipments. Staff was all friendly and more helpful than I could have ever asked for. I ate in the bar area, food was good, drinks were reasonably priced and there were a lot of locals that helped create a friendly environment.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
South Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

We booked this hotel through our travel agent in Australia for the first two nights of our stay in the USA. I suspect we got the room at a very good price, since we paid $104 per night inc. taxes, but the average room price seems to be ~$130 or so. The hotel is very conveniently located close to the I-94, but not so close that traffic noise was an issue. The room was very nice, a good size, and very clean. The desk staff were friendly and helpful. It was a great first impression of the USA for me.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn St. Paul-I94-East (3M Area)? Share your experiences!