I am surprised at the amount of good reviews for this hotel.Based on the reviews I stayed here during a short business travel.
I am a frequent traveler and had stayed in many hotels but this one doesn't stand in the line of good hotels. For the price it's NOT worth it !
Below are some points the hotel needs to improve- Hope they get my voice -
- The plug points are most important once any traveler comes to hotel room keeping in mind the amount of electronics everyone carries and they have only one charging plug that too below the lamp.
- The bath towels are dated
- The TV needs to GO - Who wants to watch tv in a closet box ? when wall mounted TV's are the trend.
- The hotel doesn't have sliding doors and one must drag their luggage opening the door. If you are lucky there will be a door man, that's not always the case.
- The alaram and time clock don't work and neither show time?
- The rooms are congested and filled with old furniture. Either the rooms should be big or they need to reduce the furniture.
- The temparature control belongs to the time before I was born, It's time they replace it.
- The desk in the hotel room is congested and too small for a placing a laptop.
- You have to choose between charging your laptop or your phone as there is only one plug socket to the lamp
Only good thing -
- The lobby
- The grill
- The hotel location
- The ballroom , hallways etc.
Bottom line - If you want a dated hotel with congested rooms, this is for ya !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Consistently ranked among the country's top hotels, with a ranking of 106th Best Hotel in the entire United States by Cond'e Nast Travel Magazine 2011 Readers' Choice Awards, The Saint Paul Hotel continues to provide luxurious accommodations and legendary service to visitors of the Twin Cities. The Saint Paul Hotel is known for its old-world charm and European inspired elegance, and accommodates the most discerning business and leisure travelers every day. Our great location, premier services, style and sophistication make The Saint Paul Hotel one of the Midwest's finest lodging experiences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Saint Paul Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.