We were attending a wedding in the Downtown area of St.Paul and the Double Tree was a recommended hotel. We drove to the hotel from the airport which was about 15 minutes away. There is a pull in by the attached mall but the signage is not great directing you to the lobby entrance as the Lobby area is undergoing a major renovation and they have set up a make shift lobby area to accommodate guests. Check in was very easy and the front desk personnel were very friendly and helpful. The Double Tree offers hot chocolate chip cookies when you check in so don't forget to ask for them if the staff happen to forget. The hotel offers a free shuttle to take you around the downtown area but it is also connected to many buildings by the sky bridges so you can move around the downtown area without going out in the elements (great if it is raining or cold and snowy). There is a restaurant on the second floor and workout facilities on the 3rd floor. Parking is self parking next door but there is a daily charge that is applied to your bill but provides in and out privileges. We got a special rate of $10.00 per day (normally $15.00 per day) because of the wedding (the bride and groom must have gotten the rate when they blocked out the rooms). As a Gold member of the Hilton Hotels we also received breakfast buffet vouchers for the hot buffet in the restaurant. It is a standard buffet with the hot portion of the buffet consisting of eggs, potatoes and bacon and/or sausage. It also included juice and coffee as well as the typical continental portion of a normal hotel buffet. The food was not exceptional but was good for a buffet.
The room was a typical size for a downtown hotel and was fairly quiet. The room had a small refrigerator and a microwave oven. We had a problem keeping the room cool at night but since we only stayed one night it was not an issue we brought to the attention of the front desk. The hotel is a little over a half mile from the State Capital and the river is several blocks away in the opposite direction with both a bike and separate walking/jogging path and a couple of nice parks. We went for a short 6 mile run before breakfast and enjoyed the diversity of the area. There are many restaurants within walking distance that provide a diverse selection of dining options. Check out was quick and when leaving the parking lot, you just drop the parking lot key card in the drop box on the way out. Once the renovation of the lobby is completed, I'm sure the overall experience will be that much better. I would highly recommend this hotel if you are in the St. Paul area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Paul Downtown offers guests comfortable accommodations in a convenient location in the heart of St. Paul’s entertainment and business district and skyway connected to many state, federal and corporate offices as well as great shopping and dining outlets. Each guest room in our St. Paul hotel includes a microwave and refrigerator for you convenience plus complimentary wireless for you to stay connected while away. Relax in the indoor heated pool or keep up with your exercise routine in the modern fitness center. Check out nearby attractions like the top-rated Minnesota Children’s Museum or Minnesota Science Museum. Visit us and enjoy The DoubleTree by Hilton Downtown and a memorable trip to the Twin Cities! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hilton Hotels, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St Paul Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn St Paul City Hotel Saint Paul
- Hilton Garden Inn Saint Paul
- Hilton Saint Paul
- Saint Paul Hilton