My visit here was quick, but I experience both pro's and cons. CONS: I stayed at this location as it was located right across the street from a conference I was attending. I was surprised to find that there was no valet/bellman available (I arrived around 5pm). Though I was on business, I was traveling with heavy items and no assistance was offered. During check-in, the front desk staff were pleasant, but did not make an effort to make me feel at home. I had dropped many hints that I was from out of town - business travel, 1st time here, long flight, hungry. I was fishing to see if they would indulge me and tell me where to eat, or things to do. But nothing. Crickets! The coffee pot in my room was broken as was the TV. The final Con to this review is that I always seem to ride the elevator with a homeless person. One homeless lady started screaming sexual obscenities at me. Needless to say, I only left my room when I had to. PROS: -The bed was very comfortable - and I slept really well despite being scared that a homeless person was going to break in! -Connected to sky ways and easy to get to/from different buildings. -The coffee pot that was broken was quickly replaced after a phone call. - I got a cookie at check in. Didn't cure my hunger, but it helped.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Paul Downtown offers guests comfortable accommodations in a convenient location in the heart of St. Paul’s entertainment and business district and skyway connected to many state, federal and corporate offices as well as great shopping and dining outlets. Each guest room in our St. Paul hotel includes a microwave and refrigerator for you convenience plus complimentary wireless for you to stay connected while away. Relax in the indoor heated pool or keep up with your exercise routine in the modern fitness center. Check out nearby attractions like the top-rated Minnesota Children’s Museum or Minnesota Science Museum. Visit us and enjoy The DoubleTree by Hilton Downtown and a memorable trip to the Twin Cities! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, getaroom.com, Priceline and Hilton Hotels so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St Paul Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn St Paul City Hotel Saint Paul
- Hilton Garden Inn Saint Paul
- Hilton Saint Paul
- Saint Paul Hilton