“It was alright.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St Paul Downtown

You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St Paul Downtown to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St Paul Downtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   411 Minnesota Street, Saint Paul, MN 55101 (Formerly Hilton Garden Inn St Paul City Center)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Weekend Special
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Saint Paul
Mankato, United States
“It was alright.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

I really appreciated how nice everyone was. What I don't understand is why I got my receipt the morning I checked out and then my credit card was charged something different. I definitely did not break anything or steal anything. Very expensive but nice hotel.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Rochester, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone. Not only were the hotel rooms clean, but your hotel staff was great! We had a girls night in the cities for a concert and your staff was so helpful in giving us directions, the staff was also very friendly. We also made a stop at the hotel bar at the end of the night, the bartender was very good and very friendly as well. Oh and the cookies were delicious as well!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

Faribault, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

We enjoyed our stay at the St. Paul Double Tree hotel. The first thing I noticed were the friendly and courteous staff. The rooms were nice and even included Crabtree & Evelyn bath products. The hotel was even providing a complementary shuttle service to and from the concert that night.

Des Plaines, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

We were very pleased with our stay. The room was lovely and comfortable. There was plenty of warm bedding on a very cold night in Minnesota. Room temperature was also well-set. The breakfast in the Grill was delicious, ample, and the staff members were just great.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Ankeny, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

Quick check in and we pull around to park which causes the only issue we had the entire time we stayed here. Our key would not open the gate and the person on the intercom was incompetent. Probably not connected with the hotel but rather a parking garage. Apparently they were to give us a blue key card upon check in but that did not happen. We make our way to the 16th floor which is reserved for Hilton Honors guests. Room was just as expected. Clean and free of smells. The heat was cranked to 71 which is way too warm for us to sleep in so we shut it off (could not turn it down) and opened the window as far as possible. There is a desk with lamp and a very nice office style ergonomic chair that we really wanted to take home with us. The fridge was cool and the bathroom was stocked with shampoo, conditioner, lotion, mouthwash, shower gel and bar soap. Nice shower with good pressure. Sufficient closet space for a normal hotel stay. Bed was comfortable and had 6 pillows which we LOVE. More pillows = better! Staff was friendly. Easy access to area. Loads of things to do in the area. The only recommendation I have is do not use their hotel phone to place local calls. They will charge you. I am sure it says that somewhere but we did not look for it. It is very annoying to have a hotel charge you for a local call in my opinion. We will stay again. We love the hotel and staff and parking. Parking is extra but worth it.

Dallas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

My first contact with the hotel was to call from the airport to inquire about a shuttle. They don't offer their own transportation, but were able to recommend other options that worked out well enough. Upon arrival, the front desk person was friendly, helpful and accommodating. They offered a room upgrade for $9, which was nice. I asked about food options and he walked through a map of the area with me and made several suggestions. I wandered the Skyway to see if there was anything good around, but was unimpressed by the options connected directly to the Skyway and I didn't want to go outside because it was 15 degrees. I settled on the hotel restaurant, which was probably the only real misfire of the whole stay. The restaurant staff was disinterested upon arrival, and service was merely adequate. For dinner I had an appetizer and an entree. All three items (appetizer, main entree and side dish) were frozen items that were heated for service. The quality was average at best, and when finished, my tab was almost $19 having had water to drink. I didn't take it out on the server, so I walked out having spent $25, for just myself to dine. Clearly the value wasn't there, since the quality and price were unsatisfying. Breakfast the following morning was also adequate, though the buffet was unsurprisingly limited in selection. This also made for a bad feeling of value, because after tip the breakfast was $18. The taste was good enough, and the food wasn't a frozen reheat (except for the french toast). The staff was much more friendly in the morning. The exercise room was good enough; the workout equipment was all in good order, but the integrated TV didn't really work. I wanted to watch the news while I got the day started, and 3 of the equipment pieces I tried had fuzzy pictures to the point of being unwatchable. I didn't care because I had content on my phone to watch, but you should plan to bring your own music/video if you're going to work out here. The weight selection was also quite limited, but good enough. I say it was a nice stay, because what I really care about was room size, accommodation, cleanliness and attentiveness of hotel staff to the requests I did have. All of these standards were met quite well, so I would stay again. The value of the hotel is fair, when comparing price to what I got in the room. It was clean, smelled nice, no hair on bathroom floor and the internet and cell reception were all good. The hotel management should be pleased with the hotel service staff, housekeeping team and maintenance crew. The director of food services has a lot of work to do.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

The hotel was lobby was clean and decorated nice. The room was not cleaned, pubic hair in the sheets. I called down for a different room, I was told there was nothing else available. Since we were there due to a surgery the next day I slept in a chair....

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

bschmechel2011, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St Paul Downtown, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
We apologize for the poor experience you had at our hotel. We strive to provide the best in services and amenities and apologize that this was not your experience. We have addressed the cleanliness issues with our staff. The next time you're in the area we hope you will consider staying with us again.

Brian

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St Paul Downtown? Share your experiences!