Few things to know. I am a gold member and they upgraded me to a king deluxe corner room. When I checked in the person checking me in said that it was a larger room. I was not impressed at all. If I wasn't running late for a prior engagement when I was checking in, I would have request a different room.The corner room was tight and not any bigger than a standard room. I ended up on the south east corner. When I was leaving the next day, the cleaning person was cleaning the northwest corner room and that one was much larger. SO if you go there, request the northwest corner room. . .it has more windows too. The southwest corner room only has one small window and its off to the side.
I kind of lucked out. I booked the weekend getaway which included parking and breakfast. I don't usually pay attention to this because I choose the free breakfast as a gold member so I get free breakfast whenever I travel. But when I went to breakfast the waiter told me that the free breakfast is only continental. The waiter was nice enough not to charge me because I wasn't told but imagine how embarrassed I was when I started eating the hot items on the buffet when I shouldn't have. I thanked the waiter and checked with the front desk. As a gold member, that is true I only get a continental breakfast BUT because of the package I booked, I got the full breakfast and was given the right ticket. Waiter just didn't know the difference in the tickets apparently.
I personally would not pay the amount they are charging for the breakfast. It was expensive for what was offered. After seeing the prices, I wasn't surprised that the place was pretty dead in the morning.
Service from staff was EXCEPTIONAL. Every interaction was great. I was charged for parking when I wasn't supposed to be but front desk corrected it right away.
I did not get a chance to see the pool so cant rate that.
Overall, rooms are ok. I personally think the hotel needs an update and get some larger suites. Staff was great, location good. But I probably would only stay here again if there was a special rate as I wasn't impressed with the hotel itself. But I admit, my tastes might be higher than most. Which to be honest, is the result of staying 30+ nights a year in hotels.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn St Paul City Hotel Saint Paul
- Hilton Garden Inn St Paul City Hotel
- Hilton Garden Inn Saint Paul
- Hilton Saint Paul
- Saint Paul Hilton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Paul Downtown offers guests comfortable accommodations in a convenient location in the heart of St. Paul’s entertainment and business district and skyway connected to many state, federal and corporate offices as well as great shopping and dining outlets. Each guest room in our St. Paul hotel includes a microwave and refrigerator for you convenience plus complimentary wireless for you to stay connected while away. Relax in the indoor heated pool or keep up with your exercise routine in the modern fitness center. Check out nearby attractions like the top-rated Minnesota Children’s Museum or Minnesota Science Museum. Visit us and enjoy The DoubleTree by Hilton Downtown and a memorable trip to the Twin Cities! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels, Venere, Otel and Tingo so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St Paul Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.