I travel often. Generally because of our corporate policy I use Hilton properties and they are generally fine. In fact the two nights before checking in here I stayed at the Doubletree at 1500 Park Place in Minneapolis and had a very pleasant experience. Here, not so much. We arrived to the 16th floor (Hilton Honors floor) and the odour of solvent was strong, and equally as bad in our room. We asked for another floor, also an Honors floor, and it was even worse. The engineer came up and said they had just resealed the tubs on many floors and they could move us if needed. Having already tried two floors we just asked for a floor fan and opened our window (fortunately the windows do open) and the odor cleared mostly by the next day.
The odd thing is that the tub, which was supposedly resealed looked awful; missing caulk and black mold in many spots where the tub met the walls. Additionally the drain in the sink was partly pulled through the ceramic of the sink. I was surprised it was not leaking. And the room just plain looked grungy. The fitted sheet didn't fully cover the mattress. The wall a/c allowed for temperature control but no fan control. Although we asked for 68 for sleeping at night it did not seem to really cool and only would get us down to 69.
The Town Grill restaurant was equally as tired looking. The fabric on the chairs was well worn. They should have been replaced a couple of years ago.
On the upside the location was good and the staff friendly, but if this was my first Doubletree experience it would be my last.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Paul Downtown offers guests comfortable accommodations in a convenient location in the heart of St. Paul’s entertainment and business district and skyway connected to many state, federal and corporate offices as well as great shopping and dining outlets. Each guest room in our St. Paul hotel includes a microwave and refrigerator for you convenience plus complimentary wireless for you to stay connected while away. Relax in the indoor heated pool or keep up with your exercise routine in the modern fitness center. Check out nearby attractions like the top-rated Minnesota Children’s Museum or Minnesota Science Museum. Visit us and enjoy The DoubleTree by Hilton Downtown and a memorable trip to the Twin Cities! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St Paul Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn St Paul City Hotel Saint Paul
- Hilton Garden Inn Saint Paul
- Hilton Saint Paul
- Saint Paul Hilton