“St Paul's Thinnest Pillows” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 St Paul / I-94

You added Super 8 St Paul / I-94 to your Saves list
Super 8 St Paul / I-94
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1739 Old Hudson Road, Saint Paul, MN 55106 (Formerly Exel Inn)   |
Ranked #16 of 17 Hotels in Saint Paul

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Winnipeg, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

We stayed on the second floor/2 queen/non-smoking. When we got into our room the smoke smell was horrible. Our kids, 9 & 12 couldn't even stand it. It smelt like someone literally just had a cigarette in it. The lamp shades had stains on them, there were burns in the comforters and matress covers. The mattresses were stained and under the top mattress it was filthy. The staff though were very friendly. They changed us to a room down the hall. Much better. There was no bad smell and it looked like it was a little bit updated. Even though there were burns in the comforter it was a little cleaner. There was still some dirty stuff under the top mattress but not as bad as the other room. It was the cheapest hotel in the area and it was a quick night's rest. I think that it just needs a good deep clean. Breakfast was okay and nothing fancy; bagels, juice, cereal, frozen waffles.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Steven V, General Manager at Super 8 St Paul / I-94, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Thank you for your nice comments regarding your stay, and also the constructive comments about our hotel. I am glad we were able to move your family to another room. The hotel does need some deep cleaning in areas and we have addressed those issues. My apologies for the areas of the hotel we did not meet your expectations.
St. Paul
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

We told two front desk people that the tv had one channel three times & they said they would be right up. We asked three times for one pillow and one blanket & never got them. No toilet paper and they did not have any in the building and did not know when they would. Elevator did not work. Smoke detector was missing. No cover on the outlet. Oder in the room.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Steven V, General Manager at Super 8 St Paul / I-94, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Thank you for your constructive comments. Comments such as yours can only improve our service standards. My sincere apologies for the lack of service you received while staying with us. We are training new staff members with emphasis on excellence in service. Again, my deepest apologies for the inconveniences you encountered.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

I should have gotten tipped off when I found the hotel had a hurricane fence around it ...locking people out as not to be attacking people in the parking lot.. Scary place ,,,while there I kept thinking we were going to end up on forensic files show as the victims..The place said they had video cameras yet I didn't see any.i went down to check on our vehicle and there were two under cover cops in the lobby like in the movies.. one sitting reading a newspaper and the other playing with the computer.. i was so stupid staying in this hotel.. we high tailed it out the next day and headed to Duluth.. geez..till this day this hotel gives me the creeps and im a grown adult usually never afraid of anything but definitely was there.. never again.. rather sleep in the woods near an insane asylum .

Room Tip: UGH ...do I really need to mention this.. choose a good room in an excellent motel that is rated 90...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Steven V, General Manager at Super 8 St Paul / I-94, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Thank you for your comments. My sincere apologies for the inconveniences and problems you encountered.

Been to Super 8 St Paul / I-94? Share your experiences!