“Little Oversights” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 St Paul / I-94

Save Saved
You added Super 8 St Paul / I-94 to your Saves list
Super 8 St Paul / I-94
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1739 Old Hudson Road, Saint Paul, MN 55106 (Formerly Exel Inn)   |
Ranked #16 of 17 hotels in Saint Paul
Duluth
“Little Oversights”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Our stay was only one night for a family birthday get-together. The room was nice and clean, but there were small inconveniences: only decaf was available in room; one side of king bed had no light and no nightstand; only two cups were provided, one of which had a hole and spilled all over my husband; no shampoo or other amenities. I appreciated the four pillows for the two of us.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

JanusHotels, General Manager at Super 8 St Paul / I-94, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback. We will ensure our rooms are stocked with the necessary Amenities. Thank you for choosing Super 8!

160 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

The front desk was the only nice part about this hotel. The rooms had a stinky smell to them. We had stains all over the comforter of nail polish or even dried blood (couldn't tell just knew it was red stains), the bed was rock hard and housekeeping came to our room two times before our check out time, waking us up and having to explain to them we were not ready to leave yet. Worst Super 8 I've ever been to. Will not be coming back. I will spend the extra money for better service.

• Stayed March 2013
JanusHotels, General Manager at Super 8 St Paul / I-94, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
We apologize for your Less than satisfactory experience. Please know that your feedback is very valuable and we will use it to better our guest experience.
Minneapolis
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

When I first arrived I was lied to for an hour an half, being told my room wasn't ready because housecleaning was behind. Then their story changed to the fact that the person who had the room the night before became a "Stay-over" that morning. The front desk staff knew this by the time I checked in, but decided not to tell me for as long as they could. Considering the fact that there were MANY guests at the Super 8 that were CLEARLY homeless and living there, the staff really should have seen that one coming and warned me ahead of time - my reservation was in the system for two weeks. They were unwilling to accomodate what we needed. When we got into one of the two rooms we reserved, the smoke detector was hanging off of the wall. There was also a disturbed woman sitting in the lobby talking to nobody in particular, as well as speaking to guests who did not want her speaking to them. I heard the front desk staff on the phone with their coworkers, saying that "The manager says guests are complaining, if guests are complaining then she needs to go unfortunately," backed up by the woman in question also saying, "Nobody said anything to me!" The staff had no intention of kicking her out until guests complained. Even after the cops arrived at 4pm, we still saw them out and about with the woman as late as 9 pm - why should it take 5 hours for cops to escort an unruly guest out of a hotel? As I passed two cops in the hallway watching the woman, I heard one say to the other, "It's the same s*** every week, we keep getting called back here, it's ridiculous." For two hours on-and-off late in the night, we heard two people fornicating very loudly down the hall. We saw a staff member walk down the hall, seemingly trying to listen to each room as if trying to find which room warranted the noise complaint, but did nothing to actually confront the culprit. And finally, all of the chairs and walls in our rooms had stains all over.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Please accept our apologies for your less than satisfactory stay. We are taking steps to ensure our customer experience is a great one. Thank you very much for your valuable feedback!!

Been to Super 8 St Paul / I-94? Share your experiences!