“Pet Friendly, Staff welcoming!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 St Paul / I-94

You added Super 8 St Paul / I-94 to your Saves list
Super 8 St Paul / I-94
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1739 Old Hudson Road, Saint Paul, MN 55106 (Formerly Exel Inn)   |
Ranked #16 of 17 Hotels in Saint Paul
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Pet Friendly, Staff welcoming!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Me and my husband checked in for a pet convention taking place in town. Our room was great,not cold at all,and the front desk staff was helpful and adorable. The young men and women were dressed appropriate, you could honestly tell the hotel was greatly managed because at all times it smelt so great, and all the staff was always cleaning. I enjoyed having hot coffee ready in the morning to get the day started. The price is right for excellent service. I would recommend family and friends there before I consider anywhere else. Me and my husband will definantly be returning next year!

Room Tip: I don't believe any of the outrageous, negative reviews. It couldn't be the same Super8 we w...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
JanusHotels, General Manager at Super 8 St Paul / I-94, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Thank you for choosing Super 8. We will look forward to your next visit!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

i had a very good time at Super 8 with my family and friends they have nice respectful and helpful employees and the people at the front desk was so nice and made this trip fun our hotel room met my standards all the way it was clean and i'm looking forward coming back to Super 8 i think it's the best hotel i ever went to!!

Room Tip: just needed to be quieter
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing Super 8 We look forward to seeing you in the future!
Houghton, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

It was cheap and old, and we don't spend much time in our room at any motel, but any time of day there were thugs and hookers,and panhandlers every time we went to the front desk. A lot of residents live there apparently,with kids, that run and scream in the hallways early in the AM.The good reviews must be from the residents for lower room rates. Never again. Thats what I get for being cheap, I'm learning.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
JanusHotels, Manager at Super 8 St Paul / I-94, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
We have put into place safety and security measures to prevent this in the future. safety and security is our top priority., We have not experienced problems of this nature since new management has taken over.
Eau Claire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

We thought we would be ok staying here. Boy were we surprised ! We walked into a lobby full of hookers and pimps. We went to our room to find other people's clothes left in the room. Holes in the bed and a funky smell that I didn't want to figure out what it was. The front desk lady gave us our money back but who in the hell thinks a place like that should be open? Not I !

• Stayed August 2012
JanusHotels, General Manager at Super 8 St Paul / I-94, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
This review was back in August, since then new management has taken over property and has taken steps to ensure every guest experience is Super. we invite you to come back to the Super 8 and see what great changes we have made! Thank you for your feedback.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

I resided at this hotel for ten days while working in St. Paul and I found the staff very accommodating. The manager, Onny, went the extra mile to make my stay a home away from home. The hotel is located right off of I-94 so it was convenient for me to access locations without any inconvenience.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing Super 8!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

My family and I stay here on the monthly rate. All the staff is so kind and it is reasonably priced. They keep the hotel lobby and hallways so nice and clean and always smelling good! ;) When ever we need anything, they are always on top of it. They always make our stay comfortable and enjoyable. I would defiantly recommend Super 8 to anyone. There are no complaints over here!! Special thanks to the Manager and Assistant manager for everything you do!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing Super 8!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

Was in town for two nights and I couldn't have ask for anything better. My room was a bit chilly but as soon as went to grab the phone to call the front desk,my phone rang.It was a women saying she was a manager and is everything alright with the room.i said my heat isn't working.as soon as I hung up the phone,she was at my door.She showed me how to operate it,and also the tv.She was so nice and made me feel epreciated.Some of the staff looked flustered at times but it was a real joy when that women was there....I would recommend this hotel to everyone because as a guest,I felt appreciated,welcomed and at ease!

• Stayed November 2012
JanusHotels, General Manager at Super 8 St Paul / I-94, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Thank you for staying with us! We will see you next time around!

Been to Super 8 St Paul / I-94? Share your experiences!