“Great Breakfast and comfortable bed” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
2X Points Package
Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Saint Paul
United States
“Great Breakfast and comfortable bed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

Many complaints about lack of toilet paper and tissues during the stay. Floors were dirty and needed a good vacuuming. Beds were very comfortable and bathroom was clean. Good night sleep, but will request a room away from the noisy elevator next time.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

MRDOSM, General Manager at Embassy Suites St. Paul - Downtown, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Thank you for the review given to our hotel on February 11th. We have reviewed the opportunities that you have pointed out with our operations team and are using this review as a trining opportunity to improve guest service at the property.

Embassy Suites Saint Paul

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Bismarck, North Dakota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

My first night I had difficulty the lights and heater in my room. Engineering was able to fix the lights so they worked with the switches but informed me that the heater was old and therefore very loud. Since it was Minnesota in winter, I was chose the noise of the heater over enduring cold temperatures. The next day engineering recommended the front desk move me to a different room. I forgot my key card to the new room while I was out and went down to the front desk to have it replaced. The lady informed me the room I was now in was assigned to someone else. I told her I had already moved my things to this room because the other clerk had given me keys and said I was checked in to that room. She told me that the lady who had transferred me was out to lunch. After a long day of work, I simply wanted to go to bed. Since I had already been in the new room and it wouldn't be usable for anyone else until the maid cleaned it again, I asked her to guarantee that no one would be able to check in to the room while I was sleeping. She would not guarantee that since the other clerk was out. When one of two people I was traveling with initially checked in to the hotel, they accidentally gave her keys to the other person's room. Because of this and the fact that I was a young woman staying in the room alone, I couldn't relax until I knew no one would try to enter the room at night or while I was out. I called the front desk and her response was the same: she couldn't confirm. I had to call the corporate number and have them speak to her before they said no one would have access to the room. Needless to say, this was not a peaceful stay.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
MRDOSM, General Manager at Embassy Suites St. Paul - Downtown, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Thank you for the review given to our hotel on February 8th I am very sorry for the issues in your guestroom and I am certainly happy to hear that engineering was able to help with some of the issues. I am terribly sorry about the issues that you encountered at the front desk this is no where near acceptable and please rest assured that this is not standard operating for us. i will be investigating this and will get to the bottom of the issue. we will work with all of our associates at the front desk to ensure this type of situation does not take place again.

Baraboo, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

My husband, daughter and I needed a last minute reservation due to the illness of our friend, with whom we had planned to stay. The front desk and reservation staff made quick, simple and affordable accommodations available to a tired and hungry group. Beds were clean, fresh and comfortable. Lovely hotel with great staff!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Wauwatosa, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

Pretty, modern room, and very comfortable. We were traveling to visit a nearby college, and could walk there from the hotel. Excellent breakfast buffet options, helpful staff...only one hiccup we thought, was that the parking lot wasn't plowed and neither was the entry into the building. Made for a messy entrance. Otherwise, a great stay! Would return.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

The good news first. The staff serving breakfast are probably the best we ever encountered. The two cooks were friendly and efficient with a welcoming smile each morning. The wait staff kept the tables spotless, were very engaging and seemed genuinely committed to the guest having a positive breakfast experience. After three mornings, we gladly tipped both groups with a verbal pat on the back for their outstanding service.
As to the hotel, the downtown reference is a bit of a stretch as it is the very edge of downtown and the downtown area is too far to walk to. The pool was closed which I would have appreciated knowing before packing swimming clothes. The parking, as the front desk explained when we checked in and could not find a parking spot, is "limited" but we could park on the street of go to the pay lot down the street. Amazingly, the desk person did not know the hours for the street parking meters nor the cost to feed the meter. After driving for 8 plus hours, the last two in blinding snow and an outside temperature of -6, being directed to find street parking was not what we wanted to hear. Once parked (on the street) and checked in, the room was fine though the sliding glass doors in the bedroom leaked significant air causing a constant draft. We kept the drapes pulled to reduce the cold. Otherwise the room was fine and the linens soft and cozy.
We left early the next day and returned at 4:00. Shockingly, our room had not been cleaned. We called the desk and were told they would send someone up. As we were tired from the day we declined in favor of a nap. The next day we again left early and when we returned our keys didn't work. Down to the desk only to be told they originally programmed our keys for a two instead of three night stay. At this point you just want to say "What"?
To sum up, the promotion of this hotel is misleading, i.e., downtown location, parking and swimming pool which is aggravated by a very inept front lobby staff. I have an idea, move the kitchen staff to the front lobby since they know how make your guests feel welcome.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
MRDOSM, General Manager at Embassy Suites St. Paul - Downtown, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Thank you for the review of our Hotel on January 28th I am sorry that the staff was unable to assist you in the manner that should have taken place. We will be working with all of our staff to ensure complete knowlege of the area as well as the amenities that our guests so often need. I would lso like to apologize for the issue with the Pool a last minute mechanical issue has forced us to close the pool until the begining of February. These situations are unforseeable and we have posted this notice on our Website to inform our guests of the situation.

I hope that we have the opportunity in the future to earn your business back.

We share all of our guest feedback with our associates in efforts to contnue improving the quality of service and overall guest experience.

Seattle, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

Good hotel. Friendly staff. Great rooms, very comfortable, does not feel as if you are in a hotel. Excellent sleep experience. Only caution is food selection a bit heavy for room service. This is a hotel I will aways stay while in St Paul, unless they are booked.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

MRDOSM, General Manager at Embassy Suites St. Paul - Downtown, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Thank you for the review given to our hotel on January 23rd we certainly appreciate the great review and kind words.

We share all of our guest responces with all of our staff in an effort to improve the levels of service and guest experience at the hotel.

Seattle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

Hotels make the trip! Double room suites layout allow room to relax. As this was a work trip, easier to continue work in the Hotel Room.
Hotel was clean (big issue for me). Hotel service was good. i don't want to be treated like royality, just noticed when i ask a question, or expect service. If you are going to eat at the hotel, food is a bit on the heavy side. i tend to enjoy more lighter foods.

Good full bar service..btw.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
MRDOSM, General Manager at Embassy Suites St. Paul - Downtown, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Thank you very much for the review given to our hotel on January 22nd 2014 we are certainly blessed with a great facility and wonderful staff to deliver exceptional guerst service each and every day. tahnk you for sharing what made your stay so wonderful as well as what we can improve on. We share all guest reviews with the staff in an effort to contnnually improve the guest experience at the hotel.

Embassy Suites Saint Paul

Been to Embassy Suites St. Paul - Downtown? Share your experiences!